___________________

     The heat was smothering in the old plantation house and Eira went outside to dip her legs in the pool, hoping that would cool her down. It seemed Hayley had the same idea as well because Eira found her outside, sitting on the edge of the pool.

    Eira sat down next to her, tucking her summer dress underneath her and said, "I guess you thought it was hot inside, too?"

    Hayley groaned, "The house is like a sauna."

     Eira chuckled but she nodded her head, agreeing. She dipped her legs in the pool and it cooled her temperature down. A twig snapped at the side of the pool where the bushes and trees were.

    Hayley and Eira turned their heads in that direction and they didn't see anything. They both stood up, a little freaked out. Another twig snapped and a wolf, a werewolf stepped into view.

   The wolf stood there, staring at Hayley. But then the wolf turned its head and looked at Eira. It bowed its head at her and then it scampered off, disappearing in an instant.

     Hayley and Eira were both in shock and they were both startled when they heard a voice, "You're not supposed to be out here."

     Hayley and Eira turned around. A dark-colored woman was there, looking at Eira. Eira had no clue who this woman was and Hayley beat her to it, "Who the hell are you?"

    "I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Sabine," the woman smiled. "I'm one of Sophie's friends."

    "You mean you're one of the witches who hexed my friend?" Hayley crossed her arms.

    "Sophie asked me to keep Eira company while everyone was out," Sabine looked at Eira and a look of realization crossed her face.

    Sabine cocked her head to the side and she took a step forward, grabbing Eira's arm, "You really are pregnant."

     Hayley pushed Sabine away from her, "Stay away from her."

     "I'm sorry. It's just I had to make sure you were really pregnant," Sabine apologized.

    "How do you even know?" Eira asked.

     "The witches have been having visions of your babies. I was one of them," Sabine answered, thinking about the vision of the babies being the death of all witches.

      "Are you going to try to hex these babies, too?" Hayley questioned with a glare.

    "I was just sent here to watch over Eira. There's no need to be hostile," Sabine stated.

    "Well, I have Hayley. I don't need you here," Eira replied.

     "Sorry. I see I'm not wanted, so I'll go," Sabine said and walked away.

    Hayley and Eira followed her to the door to make sure she left. They both didn't like her, well they didn't like any witches.

    _____________________

    Back at the party, Rebekah was getting impatient, "Where the bloody hell is my brother?"