44 -2x22

The Salvatore's got back to their house after the funeral was over. Eira got out of her funeral attire and into clothes that were more comfortable. She went downstairs and laid on the couch, continuing to read Call of the Wild by Jack London.

     She read the book for awhile before she got tired of being indoors and wanted to go outside. Eira took her book and went outside onto the back porch. It was nighttime and it was dark outside but Eira turned the lights on in the back porch.

Eira sat on the small steps of stairs that led to the back yard. She continued reading her book until she felt like she was being watched. Eira slowly lifted her eyes from her book and she looked in front of her.

Eira gasped at what she saw. She was so startled that she dropped the book she was holding and it cluttered to the floor. Eira was frozen as she stared at eyes that were yellow with amber and gold swirls.

Those eyes belonged to a wolf. A werewolf.

Klaus had been in his wolf form since he broke the curse and the wolf side of him felt like he was being called to some sort beacon. That beacon was her.

Eira was staring at a huge, black wolf that had grey flecks of fur. The wolf stood only a couple feet in front of her. Eira logically came to the conclusion that this could only be Klaus in wolf form.

The wolf took a step forward and Eira flinched. The wolf stopped but then again took a step forward, only slower. The wolf walked until he was right in front of Eira and he stopped.

The wolf leaned down and opened its mouth, grabbing the book with its teeth then bringing it back up to Eira. The wolf nudged his head towards her, indicating she should take the book.

Eira reached out and grabbed the book. She held the book to her chest and she finally worked up the courage to do something.

Eira kept her eyes locked with the wolf's and she started to reach her hand out towards the wolf. The wolf snarled at her sudden action but she called out his name,"Klaus."

He stopped snarling and he calmed down. That was enough confirmation to know it really was Klaus. She started reaching her hand out again and he let her.

Eira's hand came in contact with his fur on his head and she smiled. She ran her fingers through his fur and the wolf growled. She stopped but he nudged her hand.

She continued running her fingers through his fur and the wolf sat down on his hind legs, feeling calmed by her touch. The wolf eventually laid down and rested his head on her lap.

She just kept petting the wolf. The wolf seemed to relax until a twig snapped in the forest behind the back yard. The wolf turned its head and growled at the intruder that was hidden in the darkness.

The wolf stood up and she said,"Go."

The wolf looked at her and it seemed to search her eyes before using werewolf speed and he was gone from her view. Eira looked at the book she was reading, Call of the Wild, she thought it was ironic since it seemed like she was calling the wild to her.

____________

     Eira woke up in the morning and she showered and got dressed. She was meeting Caroline in the Town Square because Gone with the Wind, the movie, was playing and Caroline thought that was a good way to raise every bodies spirits.

    Eira got downstairs and she couldn't find Stefan anywhere but she found Damon. She walked up to him and said,"Can you take me to the Town Square? I have to meet Caroline."