Chapter 20 | She Wouldn't

Michael stands up right away and gets dressed as fast he can.

"I'm so embarrassed," Aria giggles. "I told you it was important."

"You know Frank, he's a drama queen." Michael says while putting his black loafers on. "Come with me." He smiles and walks to the door.

"No, I'm going to take a shower and get ready." She gets up. "You go, hurry up." Aria pecks his sweet lips before he walks out.

*

"Frank," Michael enters the office. "What the hell was that?! You could've knocked." 

"Well I didn't. This is more important than my manners." Frank blurts out. "You'll want to sit down for this one."  Michael is really getting annoyed with his jerk-ass attitude. "Read this."

"Not another tabloid, Frank." Michael sighs as he takes it from his manager's hands. "I told you already, I don't want to read them. It's junk."

"This one is an exception, Tatiana gave an interview." Frank crosses his arms and bites the cigarette that is still stuck between his teeth.

"Wacko Jacko under the sheets - his BAD side," Michael reads the biggest headline in a whisper. "What?!" He opens the magazine.

"She tells a lot of your... abilities." Frank coughs and closes his fist in anger. He's tired of seeing Michael being bashed by those who seem to care for him. He does in fact feel guilty - he's the one who insisted that Michael should be with Tatiana in the first place. "There's a lot of explicit contents, you're referred as a bizarre human being, oh and she also says that you hate your animals. She claims that you hit Bubbles twice."

Michael ignores Frank's ironic speech and takes fifteen minutes to read the article in silence: he hears Tatiana's voice in his mind as he reads those crazy statements.

"She wouldn't do this to me." Michael speaks but his eyes are still glued to the nasty lies.

"Well, she did! It's there, right in front of our fucking faces!" Frank shouts, he hates when Michael stays calm in the most stressful situations.

"First of all don't yell at me." Michael finally raises his head and looks in Frank's eyes. "Of course she did it but not by her free will."

"What do you mean?" Frank finally lights up the cigarette.

"I mean... Someone forced her to." Michael runs his fingers through the pages. "Her manager." He breathes out and starts having flashbacks of his first phone call with Tatiana:

"Promotion. Using others' fame to achieve our own. He makes me do that a lot. When he wants it, he gets it. I just follow the rules."  She said.

"He's manipulating her." Michael continues.

"How can you be so sure that she didn't want to do it?" Frank asks, frustrated by the fact that sometimes Michael doesn't accept that some people just want to use him to have a sit in the spotlight.

"I've seen how he treats Tatiana! I tried to talk with her about it, but she avoided me everytime."

"That must be her," Frank announces when the doorbell rings hysterically downstairs and Michael frowns. "I called Tatiana, I want to look at her pretty face and ask why." He murmurs loud enough for Michael to hear.

 Michael stands up quickly. "You won't say a word to her, you hear me?"

They both get out of the office and rush to the stairs. When they get near the front door, Aria is already opening it. Her face seems to freeze as she watches Tatiana enter the house and hug Michael. 

"I'm sorry," Tatiana says for the 5th time in a row. "So so sorry." She sobs.

"I know you are." Michael whispers and places his hand on top of her head. "Stop crying, please." As Tatiana buries her face in his chest he looks at Aria who is walking away from the door. "I'll explain." He mouths when Aria sits down on the couch.

Aria ties her robe correctly. "You better." She mouths back. 

A/N:

A/N:

I wish you all a happy new year! Let's make 2017 a great year, full of happiness and love! 

This morning I woke up and checked this book - it reached 4k reads, so my year has already started in the best way possible thanks to you!! I love you all <3

PS: What do you think about the new cover? I felt like changing it, I'm not an expert but I did my best ahahaha!