Chapter 14 | New York's Blue | 2

Janet and Aria arrived in New York when Michael was rehearsing for the show. Aria doesn't want him to know she's here so she tells everyone to keep it a secret.

"Is he doing fine?" Aria asks her mother while taking a sip of water.

"He's very tired, Aria." Katherine seems worried. "But I'm glad you came here tonight. He will be so happy to see you." She hugs her daughter. "You can stay backstage with us. Wear sunglasses and sit behind me, he won't notice you." Aria smiles. "Your hair is so long and pretty."

"I don't cut my hair since Michael made that glue prank on me." They laugh and Tito enters the room.

"Sister!" He approaches and kisses her cheek. "Welcome back, I missed you."

"I missed you too! Where's Jermaine and all my other crazy brothers?"

"They won't be able to make it here tonight, but we're celebrating Joseph Jackson Day at Neverland on Sunday." Katherine informs. The Jacksons don't celebrate birthdays so once in awhile they all gather together and just celebrate someone or something. "The whole family will be there, I hope." Aria nods. "Talking about my husband, where is he?" Katherine looks around.

"He went to see Michael rehearse, I guess." Tito says.

"I want to see him so bad." Aria suddenly speaks and Katherine smiles.

"It's just one more hour of waiting, honey."

*

When Michael's on stage he feels at home. It's rehab for him and to the people who see him dance. It wasn't easy for him to go on tour without Aria. She had always been there, scaring all his fears away since the beggining. He remembers when she would bring him cookies after he finished a performance and once she even stepped in Joseph's way to protect him.

Michael has been on stage for an hour now. Everything is perfect, the dance, the music and the audience is amazing, like always. He already had the family crying backstage with the Jackson 5 Medley, Aria and Janet just can't handle it.

"Hey pretty baby with the high heels on," Michael starts to sing and Tatiana appears on stage.

"What is she doing here?" She asks Janet. Aria can't believe her eyes.

"Hm," Janet sits next to her. "Tatiana is on tour with him." She confesses. "I thought you knew, I'm sorry." Janet slaps herself mentally. What a stupid excuse, she thinks. Suddenly, the crowd goes crazy and every eye, including Aria's, sets on Tatiana and Michael kissing.