Chapter 13| New York's Blue

"I want to thank everyone that came here tonight to appreciate my collection. It's something I'm very proud of. I'm extravagant, my collection is extravagant and this is event is extravagant. This past six months were a long journey of preparation for this night. A night that I will remember forever, a night of great acomplishments." 

Janet was wrong. Michael did turn on the TV to see the fashion show, but someone turned it off.

"Tatiana what are you doing?" Michael gets up from the couch. "I was watching it," he sits down in front of the TV and tries to turn it on again. "Great! Now it doesn't work."

"Relax Michael," she gets closer to him. "I just want to do something today." Tatiana smiles and touches his curls.

"I'm tired, I need some sleep to be ready for tomorrow night." Michael gets up and walks right into the bedroom.

After their first date, Michael took her out for dinner many other times. They have been dating for 4 months now. Everyone in the crew knows and they are all cool with it, but Frank has one rule only - "Don't kiss Michael on stage. Keep it professional."

"Yeah. You always need some sleep." Tatiana says ironically. She stands up and follows him.

"Are we getting there again?" Michael sighs in frustration.

"Yes, we are Michael." She crosses her arms. "We're dating for 4 months now. I want to spend some quality time with you. It seems to be impossible though." Michael stares at her.

"What do you want me to say?" He asks.

"I don't want you to say anything, I want you to act, do something. I want to have fun, explore these cities - with you."

"We're on tour," Michael lowers his head. "There's no fun in the package."

"And can't we change that?" Tatiana sits next to him, holds his hands and he shakes his heavy head. "Are happy with me?" This question hit the target. Michael forces himself to look up at her. As soon as their eyes meet, Michael starts crying.

"I'm so sorry," he sobs. "I'm not okay. I'm not feeling okay here or anywhere else," he stands up and so does she. They hug each other tightly. "I guess I can't be happy with you while I'm not happy with myself."

"Then I don't make you happy." Tatiana lets out a sad smile.

"I didn't say that."

"You kinda did." She looks down at her feet. While Michael wipes his tears, Tatiana lets hers out.

"Don't cry," he says and pulls her closer. "Come here," Michael kisses her forehead. "We're not over." He whispers.

"We're not?" She asks, sobbing.

"No." He smiles.

"Great, because I really love you." Michael's eyes open wide. They never said 'i love you' to each other. Yes, they are dating but...They are just going with the flow and right now he doesn't know what to say so he lifts her chin up and kisses her. "Won't you say it back?" She asks softly.

  "I don't want you to say anything, I want you to act, do something." Michael repeats her statement and they both laugh before locking their lips again.

*

Tatiana is peacefully sleeping with her head on top of Michael's chest. He really likes to hear her breathe, it's relaxing. She smoothly turns to the other side of the bed and Michael's now free to get up. He walks into the kitchen and grabs some cookies. Sitting down in front of the window, Michael looks at the street. For some reason, there's not any screaming fans waiting for him to get out there. Michael grabs a pen and a paper and starts writing down some lyrics while admiring the view.

I don't have any more words to say

Yours got me feeling this way

And this city is as sad as me

I can see it from my window

But can they see me?

My honey is nowhere to be seen

She flew away and between us there's the sea

And now I feel

New York's blue in me.

*

March 3, 1988 - the night of the concert.

Michael is getting ready to do what he does best. Yet, he feels strange, like something won't go like it is supposed to. He almost had an anxiety attack earlier - he started to yell at everyone to make sure nothing would go wrong and ruin his show.

"Excited?" Karen asks as Michael gets up from the chair and looks at himself in the mirror.

"Yeah," he says. "I've been doing this my whole life and I never got this nervous. I don't know why."

"Maybe because this is the Madison Square Garden and you sold it out." Karen applies more powder on his face.

"It's just not the same kind of nerves."

A/N:

A/N:

How are you liking this story so far? I really do hope I'm doing a good job. Thank you for reading, voting and commenting. It means a LOT to me, really.
❤️✨