Chapter 02

Chapter 02

"Okay." I say and don't care how mean I sound. I'm not exactly happy that I literally ran into Logan.

"Your horse is Arabian I see," he says ignoring my tone.

"Oh, really?" I reply. I actually love it when people notice my horse, and I could make conversation on her for hours, but I'm not in my usual mood right now. Thanks to Logan here.

We stare into each other again, none of us knowing what to say, and I honestly don't try to come up with something. In the face of the current circumstances, I can't help but notice something entchanting about Logan's eyes.

"Race me," Logan blurts. I am actually glad that he said something to break the silence. But something about his tone made it sound more like a command. Or maybe it was just the fumes of anger clouding my brain.

"Uhh, was that an order?" I ask.

"What?" He quizzes. "No I was just asking," he defends, but the smirk he holds on his handsomne face says another thing.

A fun fact about me is that I don't really like smirks. They annoy me, a lot.

"Yeah, of course you were." I say sarcastically.

"Just race me, Anna?" Something about the way I hear my name as it passes through his lips makes my anger slightly dissolve.

"Well, I was in the middle of one, you know." I answer honestly.

"I'm trying to make it up to you," He smirks.

I ignore the anger that's beginning to subside, and pay no mind to the many questions I want to ask Logan, like why on Earth was he riding wrong way? Why did he enjoy smirking so much? But I don't ask anything. I just agree to race him, and we trot side by side to the start line.

We ride our horses in silence. Logan smiles towards me, and I return it in a smaller manner.

I try sorting out what has happened between me and Logan, when I realize that I owe him an apology. So I begin in a small voice, "Umm.. Logan?"

"Yes, kitten?" he responds, and I flush.

"I shouldn't have knocked you to the ground.." I say, and he smirks.

"And?"

"And I'm sorry." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding,

"No need to apologize, kitten." he responds. Seriously?

"Don't call me kitten." I say.

"Sure, kitten." he smirks. I roll my eyes at his silly per name. That being said, I'm pretty sure my cheeks are tinted pink by now.

"Ready.." Logan says and I wait in anticipation. "Set.." I adjust my weight on Aurora. "Go!" And we're off.

I begin the race at a high speed, unlike my usual tactic. I'm filled with determination to beat that smirking, annoying guy, with the pretty eyes. I speed him out, just a few seconds, though. He's actually a pretty decent rider himself.

We are far too near to the check point, and in this case the end of the race. I can see Miranda's blond hair flashing in the sunlight there, she's standing next to her horse, I don't see Melody with her and I'm afraid something's wrong with her. My worries slow me down slightly and Logan passes. I realise that maybe, just maybe, he uses my usual tactic. But I'm fuming, I needed to beat him to make him sorry. But I should just let it drop, right? Yeah, you should, Anna, did you see his eyes? I try to look over my conscience, she could be annoying at times.

Logan smirk after he wins the race is bigger than ever. "I let you win." I lie.

"Yeah, right!" he chuckles at my helplessness. I ride over to Miranda and introduce them to each other. At first, unsure of how to do it. Oh, hey, Em. This guy almost made me fall off my horse and I could have broken a bone, and now he won the race we just had. but decide against it. I just decide to explain it later to Miranda before asking the whereabouts of Melody.

"Oh, her horse is injured, so she took him to the vet. I should probably go check on her, since I'll be driving her, but I was waiting to make sure you're okay." She says in a rush, gives me a quick hug and adds "See you later!" and she's gone before I can protest. She shouldn't have left me alone with Logan. However, my thoughts are interupted when Logan speaks.

"You should buy me some ice cream." he says.

"What?"

"You know, because I won the race." he smirks.

"No." I know he was annoying me on purpose.

"Then let me buy you some," he offers.

"Why?" I query.

"To make it up to you."

I can tell he was impatiently waiting for an answer but I take my time to think.

"Kitten? Answer me." he asks.

"Okay." I say looking into those perfectly chocolaty brown eyes of his. He smiles back making his dimples more apparent. And I can't really say no to free ice cream in the summer.

We take our horses back to the shed, before I realise that they actually share the same shed, how haven't I noticed before? and then we head to Starbucks for some ice cream.