Ice baths | chapter twenty nine

Stiles was thanking deaton -the what he called
'heroic veterinarian who saved their fraternal twin asses'
all the way to the clinic.

Haley zoned out after stiles continued to confuse her and deaton. Her mind racing to find her dad. How could they find a magical tree stump if every time someone went to it, they would forget where it was.

"It has to be a telluric current, or maybe even at the axis of two, or where they all intersect. I just know it's where Derek took Paige to die." Stiles explained, allowing the desperation to leak from his tongue.

By that point, everyone was desperate. Allison tore her gaze from the map and to the boy declaring the answer.
If only her dad was there to help them.

"My dad and Gerard were there once. But Gerard said it was years ago, and he couldn't remember where it was. And my dad obviously isn't here to tell us now." Allison's voice lingered in the air as the children missing their parents quietened for a moment.

Haley gently gripped Allisons hand to not only comfort the hunter, but to comfort herself too.

"Yeah, mine either." Stiles murmured, begging for anyone to say something useful.

Instead he got Isaac.

"Then how do we find this place?" The boy asked, looking to every person in the room for an answer.

Lydia, deaton, stiles, Allison... Haley.

"There might be a way, buts it's dangerous. We're going to need Scott." Deaton immediately answered, a look of sadness washing over him. Haley noticed his look and groaned.

Oh great, how hard can that be.

*****

Haley jumped from her position on the cabinet when the door chimed open. Seconds later, stiles, deaton- and Scott stumbled through the doorway.

She smiled a small smile as relief washed over her- Scott was okay. But the smile tore from her lips when she noticed their dark looks.

"What's the plan?" Haley groaned as her hand dragged down her face- pulling at her lips as she sighed.

If Scott's plans were bad, stiles' plans were terrible, and Haley's no better. Deaton had to be good at plans, right?

"Essentially, we need surrogate sacrifices for your parents. Scott, Allison, stiles and Haley." deaton informed the group, sending a shiver down Haley's spine as the thought crossed her mind.

She had to die.

"We die for them?" Scott voiced her thoughts, glancing between everyone who had to do the sacrifice.

"Wait a second, Haley and I only have one parent threatened. Why do we both need to do it?" Stiles asked, trying to find an excuse after an excuse for only one of them to be in danger.
Deaton hummed a pitied response.

"That's where it becomes slightly more complicated. You see twins share a bond, like a connection to their parents that equal one of Scott's to his mum. Twins are created like an embodiment of one soul in two halves. That's why you both have to do it." Haley's and stiles' eyes widened, what did he mean by that? They were linked?!

They shot each other looks before shaking the feeling off by physical movement. Both groaning at the thought.

Just as Haley was about to counteract Deatons accusation by saying they were nothing alike, the door swung open and another person marched into the already crammed room.
Haley's eyes widened as stiles glare hardened.