A mechanic and a study buddy? | chapter eight

They walked into English for last period, Haley sneaking in before the rest. She snuck over to the twins and ducked in between them.

"This was not my idea." She whispered before standing up and trying to move to her seat. A hand grabbed hers as she tried to walk backward, aiden was looking at her confused as to why she would even say that.

"What wasn't?" He asked, getting slightly angry something was going on behind his back. Her hand slipped out of his as she mumbled an apology to him and sat in her seat Scott had told her to sit in by the door.

Shortly after her arrival Scott followed suit, sitting in front of the twins and letting his bag clatter against the table. Alison sat next to him with her bag doing the same thing as his, both peering over their shoulders to the twins.

"Hmm this looks important don't you think Scott?" Alison said as she unzipped her bag and retrieved a metal object suited for a bike. Scott nodded before taking out another thing from his own bag.

"And I have no idea what this does." Scott stated over the top, placing the objects down on their tables.

"Me either maybe it's linked to these." Alison replied tipping the remaining parts on her desk.

Scott shrugged, "or these." He added, a smirk playing at both of their lips as the metal parts covered the desk.
Aiden and Ethan were furious, only getting worse with the following noise.

Haley sluggishly leant over and turned the door handle pushing the door open. A sound of roaring echoed through the hallway as a bike was revving up. Aiden dove out of his seat, giving a sideways glance to Haley who looked guiltier than the others and ran out of the room. Ethan protested to his brothers absence soon following him and the rest of the student body filing into the hallway.

Haley walked out and saw aiden sitting on the said bike, his gaze glaring viciously to Isaac whose hands went up. Ms Blake ran out of the room last, taking the whole situation wrongly.

"Aiden! You do realise this will result in a suspension." Ms Blake yelled, her anger acting as if it was a different person with itself. Aiden's mouth dropped as his eyes trailed across the group. Each one holding a sense of victory, other then Haley who was hiding to one side behind Scott. She didn't want to be involved in any of it. Not stuff against Scott or stuff against the twins. Aiden glared at everyone involved before driving off down the hall and out of the school. Haley felt guilty but that's what she was told to do. Because she was on the other side.

*****

Haley sat in her room, legs crossed and reading the book her mother had given her for the 57th time. Her finger trailed against the ink that had faded and soaked into the paper as time forgot the book.

'To my dearest Haley grace, may there always be light along the way. Lots of love Mumma Stilinski.'

Haleys fingers gripped at the already torn cover, staining the already stained pages with her finger prints. The book was read to her every evening before she slept. eventually finishing only to re read it again. The night was nearing and she had specifically asked the boys not to go into her room. Wanting some time away from the world around her, which had so unpleasantly been manipulated into chaos.

She was fully absorbed in the ancient book that she didn't hear the rustling outside, or the grunting outside her window. It was only when a tapping sound came from behind the window sil that she had put the book down to investigate. She made her way through her room and toward the window, shocked and what she saw on the other side.

Her fingers grasped against the locks, debating whether or not to open it. The person on the other side glared at her as they saw her deliberating to unlatch it. They tapped on the window pointing to the latch, her fingers carefully unlocking the window and sliding it up.