True colours of crimson red | chapter seventeen

Haley had perched herself on the uncomfortable hospital chair once again. She was planning to go back to Danny anyway, but her new objective was to stop her brother from doing anything stupid.

The boy was half asleep, his head bobbing up and down to find some sort of comfort in a hard bed. Haley didn't have to wait long as just after five minutes had past noises started to erupt in the air.

She looked up through her curtain of hair that had dropped over her face, to see stiles stumbling in and looking around for any evidence.
"Could you be any louder." Haley whisper shouted as she grabbed Danny's bag from underneath the chair. Stiles stopped to glare at his sister, followed by a grunt as a bag was thrown against his chest.

"I wouldn't have to be if you could have just given me the damn bag." He muttered as his fingers started to root their way through the contents.

"I just did didn't I?" She hissed back, her voice stopping abruptly as the sound of murmurs came from beside her. The boy turned slightly and let out one of the longest yawns Haley had ever seen. She looked up at her brother in distress, if Danny saw her going through his stuff without a reason there would be no more Daley.

Stiles eyes flickered between the two others in the room, panicking on what to do as he tried to stop making noise. "Danny, you awake? Danny?" Stiles asked as his body lurched over the bed to examine the patient. Haleys eyes widened when stiles spoke, anger not the only emotion bubbling in her stomach.

"What the hell stiles, don't wake him up, we want him to stay asleep!" She retorted, watching as stiles clicked and realised what he had done. There was more squirming from under the covers as Danny fluttered his eyes open. Stiles hand was still dug into his bag, skimming over all the work Danny had thrown in there.

"Wow, what are you two doing?" He murmured, still half asleep. Haley quickly jumped in front of Danny's view of stiles, sitting herself on the end of his bed.

"You're sleeping." Haley tried to sound all faint and soft as she spoke, tucking a loose stand of hair behind her ear. Danny's eyebrows furrowed as his head tilted to see what stiles was doing.

"Are you going through my stuff?" He tried to snap, instead it came out more feeble than angry. Stiles and Haley shook their heads in unison.

"Right, but only in your dream, Danny. dream, dreaming." Stiles spoke, carrying on Haleys horrible plan. The boy glared at his two visitors, mostly confused as he couldn't grip what they were saying.

"Why would I dream about you going through my stuff?" Danny accused, his eyes glued to his bag. Stiles huffed in anger, his eyebrows furrowed and his dimple disappeared.

"I don't know Danny! It's your dream. Take responsibility for it. Now shut up and go back to sleep." Stiles began to shout, earning a few looks from around the area they were in.

Danny sighed as his head flipped back on to his cushion, staring up at the plain white ceiling, before his eyes finally fluttered shut once again.

"Goodnight Danny." Haley whispered as she rose from her position, joining stiles in searching the bag. Her hand gripped one of the pages and started to pull it out to inspect it. Stiles quickly took the page within her grip and stared it over in shock.

"Oh Danny boy, you might have found something." Stiles cheered.
Haley sighed in relief, they could leave and not wreck any more of her friendship with Danny. She quickly took the bag back where she found it and hurried out of the room, dragging along her excited brother with her.

*****

They arrived back at the clinic-
Lydia, Cora, Haley, stiles, and of course Scott McCall.
Paper after paper piled across the table. Photos of Chris Argents secret map, sprawled over Danny's work sheets.