JANUARY 1

JANUARY 1-
1:2

Wonwoo was definitely not expecting Mingyu to wake him up several seconds after midnight. He woke up when Mingyu kissed his forehead. He looked up to see Mingyu's eyes staring into his own eyes. They looked at each other for some time, partially because Wonwoo was confused.

"You fell asleep," Mingyu whispered in attempt to clear his confusion.

"I realized," Wonwoo whispered back.

"Did you want to go back to sleep?" Mingyu asked. "The movie isn't done yet, and I wanted to finish watching it."

Wonwoo nodded and closed his eyes again. He felt Mingyu hold him just a little tighter as he drifted off again.

-

Wonwoo woke up first. He found himself in the bedroom with Mingyu by his side. He looked around him and let a moment of realization set in. He fell asleep on the living room sofa last night, and Mingyu must have carried him to the bedroom. He felt bad; he thought he weighed a ton, so he felt bad for making Mingyu carry him over last night.

Wonwoo got up from the bed carefully in attempt to not wake Mingyu up, but Mingyu woke up. Wonwoo hissed under his breath and said, "Sorry, Mingyu, I woke you up."

"No, that's okay," Mingyu shook his head. "I've been meaning to get up anyways. What time is it?"

"Um," Wonwoo looked over at the alarm on his bedside and said, "Ten."

"We slept that late?" Mingyu sounded alarmed.

"That's okay though!" Wonwoo reassured the taller boy as he sprung out of bed. "Happy new year, Mingyu."

Mingyu stopped in his tracks and looked at a now smiling Wonwoo. He smiled back and said, "Happy new year, my darling."

There was a cute silence between them as they smiled at each other until Mingyu smiled so wide that his teeth showed. He covered his teeth at the speed of light and dashed to the bathroom, Wonwoo following close behind. Mingyu had ran off to brush his teeth, and Wonwoo needed to do that too. They brushed their teeth together, Wonwoo almost breaking out into fits of giggles as Mingyu started foaming up.

"You look like a rabid dog!" Wonwoo laughed around the toothbrush in his mouth.

Mingyu barked at him, and Wonwoo really did break out into a fit of giggles. He had to finish up brushing quickly before he choked on some of the toothpaste foam in his mouth. They both finished brushing and washing their faces together, the two of them wide awake as they exited the bathroom and the bedroom.

"Wait!" Mingyu said suddenly before they could get to the living room.

"What, what?" Wonwoo looked around him widely before Mingyu stopped him and turned Wonwoo to face him by placing his hands on his cheeks.

"We didn't kiss at midnight," Mingyu pointed out.

"Okay, and?" Wonwoo asked.

Wonwoo didn't get a verbal answer. Mingyu pulled Wonwoo in for a kiss, Wonwoo closing his eyes as he felt Mingyu's lips come in contact with his. The fireworks Wonwoo had missed the night before were right in front of him. His heartbeat got significantly faster, and his body temperature rose. Mingyu let his hands slip from Wonwoo's cheeks to his neck. He brought Wonwoo in just a little closer and kissed him just a little harder.

Had Mingyu not ended the kiss when he did, Wonwoo would've passed out. He was out of breath and happy, and Mingyu smiled at that. He pulled Wonwoo in for a hug, and Wonwoo accepted the hug full on in force. His chin dug into Mingyu's shoulder as they rocked back and forth on their heels, Wonwoo's eyes opening in time to see yet another petal fall to the windowsill. He closed his eyes again and smiled again, his chin wobbling as he almost remembered what he forgot.

What did he forget, and why couldn't he remember it? It was driving him insane.