DECEMBER 28

DECEMBER 28-
28:6

Wonwoo's energy was depleted. He didn't know why he was so tired, and he was still worrying about the thing he had forgotten. He just kept thinking about the thing he had forgotten that it took up all of his time. Mingyu looked worried whenever he saw Wonwoo, but there was nothing he could do because Wonwoo just wouldn't stop thinking about it.

"Are you hungry?" Mingyu whispered to Wonwoo, who was nervously hugging a pillow to his chest.

Wonwoo didn't respond; he didn't know how to respond. He wanted to nod, but he didn't feel like eating either, so he also wanted to shake his head. His head ended up going around before looking up at the ceiling, Mingyu just nodding in response. Mingyu went to make food, and Wonwoo continued sitting in his spot on the couch in the living room with the pillow hugged up to his chest.

"Mingyu?" Wonwoo asked as he suddenly sat up. "Did you get the mail?"

Mingyu leaned out of the opening in the kitchen and said, "No, why? Were you expecting something?"

"No, but I feel like that is the thing I'm forgetting," Wonwoo said.

"Should I go get the mail?"

"Could you?"

Mingyu nodded and exited the kitchen as well as the house, Wonwoo thanking him on his way out. Wonwoo expected Mingyu to come back in fairly quickly, but Mingyu didn't return into the house for a good five minutes. He got up from his spot on the sofa and walked outside to see that Mingyu was squashed on the ground by a teddy bear three times the size of him.

"What is that?" Wonwoo exclaimed.

"Um," Mingyu looked up. "Surprise?"

"Did you get this for me?" Wonwoo approached the bear and his boyfriend.

"It was supposed to come in before Christmas, but it didn't arrive, so I forgot about it," Mingyu's voice sounded strained. "Could you get this off of me?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry," Wonwoo hoisted the bear off of Mingyu and over his shoulder, Mingyu standing up.

"Wow, I'm so amazed," Wonwoo breathed out as he felt the weight of the bear rest on his shoulder. "Thank you so much, Mingyu."

"Anything for you, darling," Mingyu kissed Wonwoo's cheek and led the smaller boy into the house, the bear barely fitting through the frame of the door.

Mingyu had never seen Wonwoo so happy in the past couple of days. He looked so relaxed, so at ease. Wonwoo wasn't thinking about the thing; all of his attention was poured into the bear in front of him. Mingyu grabbed a camera and tried to take a couple of photos of Wonwoo and the bear, but when he found the camera and returned to the living room, Wonwoo was nowhere to be found.

"Wonwoo?" Mingyu sounded worried. "Where did you go?"

"I'm in here," Wonwoo said, his voice muffled.

A foot stuck out from the stomach of the bear, and Mingyu pulled the poor boy out. The bear flopped around as Wonwoo got away from the big bear, Mingyu trying desperately not to laugh. Wonwoo gasped for air and looked back at the bear before it collapsed on top of him. Mingyu then burst out into laughed as Wonwoo struggled to get the bear off him.

"The bear is too heavy!" Wonwoo shrieked. "Why did you get such a big bear?"

"I actually ordered a smaller size, but I guess they must've ran out of the smaller sized bears," Mingyu said in between laughs. "Do you like it?"

"Yes, I love it," Wonwoo smiled.

Wonwoo sincerely loved it, not because it was something he always wanted, but because it was from Mingyu, and Wonwoo loved Mingyu. The best part was that Wonwoo wasn't thinking about anything; he only thought about his love for Mingyu.