JANUARY 3

JANUARY 3-
3:1

If there was one thing Wonwoo actually disliked about winter, it was the cold. He couldn't layer up in thick clothes because then it would be difficult for him to fall asleep because he was so hot, but he couldn't fall asleep cold otherwise he would get sick. He especially hated waking up in the morning cold because then he lost all motivation to do practically anything as simple as getting out of bed.

Since he disliked being cold, Wonwoo would wrap himself up in the blanket that rested on top of him and curl up into a little ball. He would pull his knees into his chest and hug them as the world around him continued on, and maybe, just maybe, the world would bring him the warmth. When that maybe became a yes, Wonwoo felt better; the cold would be gone, and he would feel warm.

It made Wonwoo especially happy when he woke up surrounded in warmth despite how cold he was that night. He looked up and saw Mingyu. His chin rested right on his head, so when Wonwoo moved his head, Mingyu started fidgeting around in bed. His eyebrows were knitted together and he lips pulled into a frown. He looked like a sad puppy, and Wonwoo couldn't help but giggle. He moved his head back into place and let Mingyu place his chin back on his head.

Wonwoo looked around at where he was. He thought he and Mingyu had gotten to the bedroom. They ended up falling asleep on the sofa in the living room. Mingyu was clinging to Wonwoo, and Wonwoo was just centimeters away from the edge of the sofa. It was a wonder how the two of them were able to fit on the sofa. Then again, Wonwoo was hugging Mingyu as well, so they were super close together.

"Are you awake?" Wonwoo heard Mingyu's low morning voice in his ear.

Wonwoo nodded; he didn't want to talk because he was afraid his breath would smell bad.

"How long have you been awake?" Mingyu asked.

Wonwoo shrugged. Mingyu nodded and readjusted his position on the couch. He buried his nose in Wonwoo's hair and exhaled as he closed his eyes again, Wonwoo nudging his way closer to Mingyu. He turned around and let his back press against Mingyu's chest. Mingyu had fallen asleep in that time; Wonwoo heard Mingyu snore faintly in his ear.

Wonwoo couldn't go back to sleep. He looked in front of him and at the coffee table, the rays of the sun shining through the glass and lighting up the floor of the living room. He looked over at the window where the light was shining through and smiled. It was snowing again, and the snow was collecting on the existing piles of snow on the ground. The daisy on the windowsill caught his eye and made him smile just a little bit more.

The daisy seemed to dance amongst the falling snowflakes, and the little white petals glittered as the sunlight flickered. Another petal floated to the frame of the windowsill and added to the existing pile on the frame. There were nine petals left- not that Wonwoo was counting- and Wonwoo just continued smiling. He finally figured out what he was forgetting, and he wanted to tell Mingyu. However, Mingyu was asleep, and Wonwoo didn't want to wake up the sleeping boy just for his realization, so he stayed quiet and closed his eyes. The smile continued to stay on his face as he let himself slip back into the warmth of Kim Mingyu.

Wonwoo did dislike the cold, but the cold was a problem for another day because he was warm and comfortable and happy. The cold was simply another problem for another day.