Bad Start to a New Year (Kris Wu)

Part 2/4

-------------------------------

I love you.

Three words that could change someone's life forever. How easily does one take it though..?

"I love you, Mina." Kris says, looking down at me as snow falls over our heads and the coldness surrounds our bodies. Snow falls over our heads, acting as milliseconds counting down to the last stroke until the New Years.

I froze, dumbfounded at his confession. Gathering up my courage, I speak with a slightly playful tone, "We're in college, Kris. We don't know what love is, we don't even know if the founder of our school is alive. Please don't joke around.." I let out a light laugh, trying to brighten the mood from the stiff atmosphere. But when I tried to continue walking up the doorstep of my house, he holds onto my elbow, making me look back at him with shivers going down my spine.

"I... I'm not joking around. I really do love you Mina. We've been friends for so long that I... I started having romantic feelings toward you."

I swallow and close my eyes for a moment before opening them again, "Why?" He let go of my arm, returning his hand to his pockets before shrugging.

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you love me?" I stared at him dead in the eye. I really wanted him to say the correct answer, I liked him as well but...

"What's not to love about you? You're cute, pretty, cool, and fun to hang out with."

I felt tears well up in my eyes. I looked down at the snow covered ground and bit my lip. Once I fought the tears that gathered in the corners of my eyes, I look back up at him.

I shook my head slightly as I say, "I'm sorry... "

Wrong answer, Kris.

"Why? I know you like me as well, your friend told me about you. Could you at least tell me why you're rejecting me if you have the same feelings for me?" He holds my hand in his, softly squeezing.

"I... I can't tell you that. You have to figure that out on your own. I'm sorry." I attempted to flee the scene but then he calls out to me again.

"Mina! We can still be friends right?"

After a moment, I nod, "Yes we can. Now, are you coming in or not?" I asked, taking note of the fact that the only reason he was at my house in the first place was for me to tutor him in chemistry.

We entered my house and hung out on the couch with books scattered all over the place.

"You see, if you remember this formula, you'll remember this one because it's only adding on 2 more elements." I turn my head to see if he was paying attention to the content I was talking about but he was paying more attention to my face rather than the books, "What? Is there something in my hair?"

"Mina... I.." He didn't finish his sentence before leaning in to press his lips against mine. Surprised, I froze on the spot, trying to figure out what was happening.

Once I came to, I put my hands on his shoulders and gently push him back, "Kris... I'm sorry, but I already told you-" He kisses me again, stopping any words from forming. My mind became muggy and I couldn't think straight. Should I give this a chance? I haven't liked anyone and they liked me back...

Giving in, I slowly kissed him back as I move my hands down his chest. The movement making him sigh in pleasure. One of his hands go behind me to support his leverage as he towers over me with his height. I try my best to sit up straight, but my strength is weaker compared to his. I laid on my back on the couch with him pressed up against me.

"Kris-" I gasped out when I had the chance, but he quickly took my lips again as if telling me to not talk.

"Kris, I thi- ah!" He began sliding his tongue on the skin of my neck. No... I don't want it to be like this...

I suddenly felt something slide up the side of my leg, slowly crawling under my skirt. When I felt his cold hands on the edge of my panties.

I opened my eyes slightly just enough to see the clock on the wall.

Ding

Dong

Ding

Inaudible rings echoes in my ear as the clock strikes 12. Midnight. The new year. The sound brings me back to reality, bringing me back to the stranger on top of me and the foreign feeling upon my body.

I screamed, "No! Stop!" And pushed him hard.

He fell back into a sitting position and I sat up quickly with a red face, trying to button the blouse he started unbuttoning and fixing my skirt so the cloth is back over my legs. When I was done fixing myself up, I spoke quietly with a trembling voice.

"I think... You should go."

I heard him breathe through his nose. When he was about to put his hand over mine, I flinched, making him stop in the process. Instead, he pats my head and mutters out a quiet 'goodnight' before picking up his coat and leaving my house.

Tears started falling down my cheeks and I use my hands to cover my face, attempting to drown out the sobs.

Wrong answer... the wrong answer dressed as the right one.

After that day, I only thing heard about Kris was that he moved to the States. And that day was the last I've heard of him.