Hajime X Reader [Countdown] -Late New Year Special

I know that the last holiday one-shot I wrote was with Hajime, but it's his birthday... and I felt like I had to write this.

------

"I'm sorry!" (Y/n) apologised after running into someone.

"It's alright..." the stranger reassured, "I should have watched where I was going."

"Please don't say that," (y/n) pleaded. "This was completely my fault."

  (Y/n) hastily look at their watch, 'late,' they thought. 'I'm already late, might as well learn his name.'

"I'm (y/n)." They introduced themselves politely with their hand outstretched, "(f/n) (l/n)."

"Hajime Hinata," he said kindly while shaking their hand.

"I don't mean to be rude but... weren't you in a rush?" Hajime asked.

"I was," (y/n) said shyly, "but I'm already late, so I wanted to apologise properly."

"I still have to go, but why don't we exchange numbers or something so we can meet up again. I'd like take you somewhere as an apology." (Y/n) said sheepishly.

"You don't have too," Hajime reassured, "but that sounds great."

"Thank you! Well, I have to go, but here's my number." They told Hajime as they wrote something on a piece of paper and gave it to Hajime quickly.

"Goodbye!" They cheered as they left hastily. "It's a date, alright?"

Hajime chuckled quietly as he waved goodbye, a small blush appearing on his face.

------

"Hajime!" (Y/n) called happily as they approached the male.

"Hello (y/n)." Hajime smiled.

"Hajime, I have something I want to tell you! Sonia is having a New Years party, and we're allowed to invite anyone we want, would you like to come?" (Y/n) asked sheepishly.

"Are you sure?" Hajime asked. "I mean, I've only meet your class once before, they're nice, but I don't really know if they're okay with this..."

"Don't worry," they reassured him. "Everyone seems to like you, and besides, it wouldn't be the same without you." (Y/n) smiled.

"(Y/n)!" They heard someone call.

  They turned around to be greeted by one of their classmates, "I'll be right there!" (Y/n) called.

"I'll text you the details, alright, Hajime?" (Y/n) asked, slightly embarrassed.

  Hajime nodded, and unexpectedly, (y/n) gave him a quick hug. Hajime watched dumbfounded as (y/n) rushed to their classmate, dragging them by their arm and inside of the school. Before giving Hajime a small wave.

------

"(Y/n), it is very good to see you here! It is a pleasure to see you again as well, Hajime." Sonia happily greeted them both with her eyes gleaming.

"Thank you Sonia!" (Y/n) cheered.

"Soniiaaaa!" The three heard Souda call from inside.

"Um... Please, come in and enjoy yourselves, I... shall be on my way!" Sonia said quickly, before disappearing.

  Hajime gave them a confused look, before (y/n) reassured him that is was normal. When they entered, they saw the clock, 11:56. Almost. Hajime, who had grown fond of (y/n), was thinking of doing the most cliche thing in the book: Kissing them exactly on New Years.

  He was completely nervous, and regretted his idea, but was going to go through with it. He wanted to, he felt like he needed to do this, because he felt better with them around, he felt happier with them around, he loved having them around. So no matter how embarrassed he could get, he was going to do it.

"Hajime!" (Y/n) quickly called, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"The countdown is about to start! Everyone is heading to the balcony, lets go!" They said happily.

  The countdown was about to start...? How long was he lost in thought? When Hajime finally looked back up, the room was empty. He could see (y/n) running down the hall, and since he didn't know his way, he ran after them. After they made a sudden turn, Hajime almost ran into someone. There, everyone was on a huge balcony, where you could see the princess's garden. Her house almost was like a castle.

"Ten!" Everyone cheered.

Where was (y/n)?

"Nine!"

Did he lose them?

"Eight!"

He spotted them.

"Seven (zero seven)!"

He quietly walked up to them.

"Six!"

Much to his dismay, his heart started pounding.

"Five!"

He tapped their shoulder.

"Four!"

"Ah! Hajime!"

"Three!"

"There you are."

"Two!"

His checks started to heat up, as he stood in front of (y/n).

"One!" Everyone cheered loudly, as fireworks started going off.

"Are you alri-" (Y/n) started, before being cut off my Hajime's lips meeting theirs.

  (Y/n) stood there shocked, a light blush covering their face. Hajime, on the other hand, was completely red. (Y/n) then grasped the situation fully, he was kissing them. Their blush darkened, but they soon kissed back. Hajime relaxed from his stiffened state, and pulled (y/n) closer. Awkwardly, (y/n) place their hands on Hajime's shoulder, before Hajime guided them to a more comfortable position. Hajime deepened the kiss, but (y/n) quickly pulled away when they heard someone whistle.

"Nice!" Souda called, before eyeing Sonia, who quickly hid behind Akane. Souda's face feel, before he reassured himself he would impress her greatly. After he left, Hajime turned to look at (y/n) who was still watching the retreating male. He gave a small smile, before (y/n) spoke.

"So Hajime." They smirked playfully.

"Should we consider that your New Years gift, or your birthday gift?"

------
I started this on New Years, damn I'm late. I'm uploading this on Leon's birthday, I'll probably make him a one-shot. Whelp, happy birthday to all of them. (Hajime, Izuru, and Leon) Jesus Christ I always get so fucking sappy with Hajime what the fuck.