Gundham x reader [Early mornings]

Requested by Tanaka-Trash! Hope I did an okay job!

------
   Ever since last week, you've been meeting a cat on your way to school. You always waited for the cat to leave first, and that would led you to come to school late, and you end up getting detention. You don't  mind though, the cat's shiny fur coat and bright eyes always brightened up your day. Sometimes you would catch it after school, but Ishimaru would make sure you were in detention.

    So here you are, an early crisp morning, crouching on the sidewalk to play with your new friend. It's been circa 20 minutes, and if you didn't leave now, you would be late again. It didn't matter to you though, you've been late all week, and you just can't resist any animal. That's how it's always been, you finding an animal and immediately befriending it, forgetting the concept of time completely. How come you just befriended animals? Why did everything look so adorable? If only you could be the same with people...

------
     It was odd for Gundham to walk this way, but he was running late so it didn't really matter. That's when he heard purring. 'A feline? Now is not the time,' he thought as he almost walked into you, obviously not expecting someone else to be there. She was to absorbed with the cat, oblivious to his presence. That's when he realized, it was his cat.

How? How could a mortal like her gain the attention of his cat? How was she able to actually pet it? Well, lets see what exactly caught the feline's attention, yes?

"Is it yours?" He inquired, even though he knew the answer.

"No, he's a cat I meet every morning, I wish he was mine, though. It's obvious that his owner takes good care of him, so that's nice."

"Oh, pray tell, do you know the feline's name?"

You just shook your head in response and got up to face the stranger.

"(Y/n) (l/n)," you said with an outstretched hand.

He hesitated before shaking your hand, 'if (c/n) trusts this mortal, I should as well.'

"You may call me... Gundham Tanaka! Remember it well, for it is the name that will one day rule this world!"

"...however, lady (y/n), mustn't you be on your way to school as well?"

"Hm? Oh, I should, but I'd feel terrible just leaving the cat, I always wait for him to leave first."

"Ah! You must care greatly for your familiars."

You shook you head, a sad, tiny smile on your face.

"I don't have any animals."

"Well, we will one day change that, tell me lady (y/n), what school do you go to?"

"Me? I go to Hope's Peak Academy, along with you, ultimate breeder," you winked as you told him this.

"I see, so you do your research," he mumbled as he his into his scarf which he pulled up to hide that he was flustered, and you had to admit, it was cute. "Shall we be on our way?"

"What about the cat?"

"I'm sure (c/n) will be fine."

"Ah, so you know him?"

"Lady (y/n), (c/n) is mine," he stated, as a small smile graced onto his lips.

This excited you greatly. The cat you've been meeting for a while now belongs to the strange, yet intriguing schoolmate in front of you. You had to admit, Gundham was cute, and apparently, he had a way with animals. He spoke oddly, but nevertheless, you liked it. You could tell by the conversation you two were having that he had a soft spot for animals. Gundham had to admit that he liked you too; you seemed kind to both animals and people. He started noticing smaller details about you, which was odd, he hardly payed attention to others much.

"Lady (y/n) if we don't leave now we will be late."

"Oh you're right well come on." You said with an outstretched arm, which he immediately took.

------
    When you two walked in, you were hand in hand, consumed on the conversation you were having. You were also wearing his scarf, which you held the Four Dark Devas of Destruction. You learned the names of the adorable hamsters, San-D, Jum-P, Maga-Z and Cham-P. You two were having a light conversation, yet you both enjoyed it.

      When Ishimaru caught sight of you, he almost gave you detention for being late. He decided against it though, when he saw you and Gundham. 'This contact is not allowed in a school environment! ...I can tell her this later.'

------
A/n: I'm sorry if it seems a little rushed (it seems rushed to me). If you didn't know (c/n) meant 'cat's name'. If you don't like cats you can always change it to any other animal, since I used a cat as an example. I'm trying to be more active again so leave request! (Don't forget to leave me tips on how to improve my writing too.)