Living in Urban

The character of Cora is expanded on with Permission from Rachelle, and is written for the pleasure of the International Wildflower Pack, the WhiskeyQueenn fandom. #WildflowersUnited #iwp

Part 2

:::special thanks to  for the permission to trespass

in her amazing world and use her characters:::

Living in Urban

Cora's POV

Cora stood across the kitchen over her crepe pan, troweling the batter over the barely buttered surface. Azure eyes met emerald ones in challenge, she winked at him and smooched her lips, blowing him a kiss. Jamison's eyes darkened slightly, he was a wolf. They were the only two remained cooking in the perfect crepe challenge for who would get this bi-weekly's charity catering. Every other week Chef Gerard gave a skills challenge, the winner chose the venue and the students would cook for a charity, to raise funds or awareness, there was so much need in the cities that COra had never been aware of. She heard Jamison swear as she plated number 42. As she spread another to cook, Liza and Phil giggled. They were her human friends.

"He's done," Lon's deep voice rumbled softly, he was a wolf also.

She didn't have to look up to know he was smirking. Jamison and Lon were both the younger sons of Alphas and hated each other with the barely contained violence only wolves could manage. She plated number 43 as Chef Gerard sauntered over, he inspected each one of her crepes, nodding happily.

"My cousin trained you well, mon petite loup," he murmured so softly only wolf ears could hear. Loudly he said, "We have a winner, congratulations to Cora. I will expect you all at the 17th Street Community Kitchen at 8 AM Saturday morning, wear comfortable shoes."

"Thank you chef," she smiled. Jamison walked over with his arrogant swagger, her wolf rolled her eyes. "Sorry Jamie, guess I won't be needing that cocktail dress after all," she teased. They shook hands.

His green eyes glittered at her challenging playful tone, and he answered, half-smiling, "One of these days, Cora, one of these days..." before walking out followed by his entourage of devoted little females.

"That man is a dog," Liza huffed, twisting her studded neck collar. Her heavily lined eyes glare at his back and his little harem with disdain, deep ruby lips twisting in stark contrast to her pale skin.

"You have no idea," Lon said, and Cora burst out laughing at them. 

The Emo and the Wolf, they could be one of the story couples she reads about online. Her wolf perks her head, she enjoys werewolf stories too much. Some are really good, and Cora suspects wolves are writing them, but some... Her wolf likes those, the worse they are, the more she loves them. 'We should write that,'  her wolf suggest, but Cora just gives her the mental equivalent of rolling her eyes.

"Come on, we have a class to teach at the community center," Phil reminds, he is all about the clock. Part of his scholarship is community service, and we are glad to help him with it. I love it, I love teaching. If I didn't have to return to Adams someday I would stay here and become and instructor, open a school for those who don't have the opportunities that I have been blessed with.

~

Urban background

Jamison was the third son of an urban Alpha and he had set his eyes on Cora their first day of class. Their competition bets had escalated from a coffee delivered to the winner next class to washing the other's dishes daily to finally a date. But in the six months of the date bet, she had not lost. She enjoyed his family and pack, but she was not going to date this wolf, he wasn't her mate. Urban wolves lived so differently from pack wolves. Choice mates were common but moon mates were a solid requirement, if you met your moon mate, all choice matings were off. Unless the rejecting party was rich. Rejection was punishable by death, or the requirement of a single successful mating and pup, a two year commitment, and a payment of one tenth of your family's wealth. If you didn't want your mate, you had to replace yourself with your child, your time, and a payment determined by your entire family's total value. In 100 years, only one pair had chosen to separate after the time allotted, payment made, and pup's birth.