Chapter 15 | Peace Offerings

En başından başla

"You know my eyes are up here."

He listens and looks at me, our faces are even closer than before. "You changed." He frowns.

"My outfit was not appropriate."

"I liked it."

"Of course you did." I use my hands to pry myself out of his hold. "You're a boy."

He willingly let go of me this time; I get up and fix my twisted shirt. "I'm actually a man, not a boy," he corrects me, running his hand through his disheveled hair.

"Mhm." I walk to the kitchen, throwing the bag of popcorn in the microwave, and start on the hot chocolate. I notice Miles turn on the TV and search through channels.

Everything is strange now. Jake and I are over, and Miles is sitting on my couch at twelve in the morning. Is he just a rebound or do I have actual feelings for him?

I don't think he's a rebound. I've had rebound relationships in high school, and they were nothing like this. I would constantly think about the boy I was trying to get over, but Miles is the only one on my mind.

Trying not to overthink, I place the steaming mugs full of marshmallows and a bowl of popcorn on a tray and walk over to the couch.

"So," I say, sitting down and handing him his hot cocoa. "Did you find anything to watch?"

"Nope."

"Nothing at all?"

"Unless you want to watch reruns of Super Nanny, then no, nothing." He brings the cup up to his perfect pink lips.

"What could we do then?"

I instantly want to take back my question when he smirks.

"Why don't we play the question game?"

"Hmmm." This could be beneficial. After all, I know nothing about him other than that he is very full of himself and a sex god, or so I've heard. "Okay, let's play, you first though."

Miles sits crisscross, pondering what question he should ask first. A wave of nerves surges through me as I wait.

"We'll start out easy, Ms. Gallagher. Favorite color?"

"Lilac." I shove popcorn into my mouth as gracefully as possible. "My turn."

I'm going straight for the kill. "How many girls have you slept with, Mr. Cunningham?" His mischievous grin contorts to shock.

"Err," he rubs the back of his neck, "a lot," he whispers, but I hear him loud and clear. I snort, but when that cheeky grin creeps up his face, I realize I just opened pandora's box, and he's not going to play nice anymore.

"How far have you gone with a guy?" he inquires, most likely excited to hear the answer.

"Uh," I swallow, "I've done most of the virgin activities."

His face twists with confusion. "What the fuck is a virgin activity?"

"Everything but the deed."

"You mean foreplay?" He stares at me for a couple of seconds before he hunches over, letting out boisterous laughter.

"I hate that word so Addy and I created a new one!" It does sound quite ridiculous when you say it out loud, let alone in a serious situation.

He doesn't hear me though because he is too busy dying of laugher. His hand is placed over his stomach, holding it because of the pain. I stifle back a laugh, but it doesn't last long, his laugh is completely and utterly contagious.