Chapter 1

It was Annabeth's eithteenth birthday, April, flowers would bloom and come out to play welcoming the new season. The new season felt very different than any other spring. Annabeth was half awake as the early morning sun shined through her bedroom window welcoming the new day. She was laying on her bed with the covers still on her as she was greeted by a ray of sun. Opening her eyes to the feeling of getting up from bed, she checked her phone as a notification reminded her it was her birthday.

Annabeth, "ugh" she said to herself.

Still sleepy, she got up from her bed and went to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror,she splashed her face with water and grabbed a brush as she untangled her dark brown hair complimenting her dark hazel eyes and fair skin. Then brushed her teeth, changed into some black jeans, a red shirt, and some classy leather black boots and went down the stairs to the kitchen. As she entered the kitchen she was greeted with the smell of pancakes as her mother Kristin was getting ready to leave and go to work. Her mother had reddish brown hair, and dark brown eyes and fair skin like Annabeth. She wore casual clothes all the time to work as she worked at a law firm that has been in business for decades. Annabeth took a seat at the dining table and began to eat her breakfast. Annabeth got up from her seat as her mother was about to leave the house.

Annabeth,"Hey mom, heard anything about Max coming by today?"

Kristin,"He said he's coming today by noon."

Annabeth," Tell him to meet me upstairs when he comes. Ok?"

Kristin,"Ok..."

Max is one of Annabeth's childhood best friends they have been inseparable since they met in kindergarten. Max secretly has abilities that many people don't have. Its more of a talent or a gift per say, Max is a Warlock he can predict and do all sorts of magic. Max predicted something very "special" would happen to Annabeth during her first days of being eighteen. He was a year older than her making him nineteen years old. Annabeth wanted him to come over during her special day so that they could talk and hang out on this important day. Annabeth went over to the fridge taking out a carton of orange juice and pouring it on a glass as she took a sip.

Annabeth," eww, Mom we need to go shopping for food. I almost drank spoiled orange juice." Disgusted, Annabeth shouted to her mom as she left the house for work.
Replying,

Kristin, "Sorry honey! I have been so occupied with work that I haven't had time! I'll make sure to buy some new food soon"

Annabeth," Ok mom, good luck at work! see you later!!"

Her mom left the house as Annabeth was all alone as she picked up her phone she saw two text messages, one from her mother and one from Max. Opening her mom's message,

MOM:
"Happy Birthday! I didn't forget! I left you money by the coffee table to spend on yourself and lunch. Love you <3 "

Annabeth typed back,

Annabeth :
"Thanks, mom take care!". Annabeth then opened Max's text,

Max's text message:

Max:
"Happy Birthday <3! I'm coming over by noon or earlier, See you in a few! P.s. Lock the doors!"

As Annabeth was about to turn off her phone she checked the time frame in which Max had sent the message. It was sent exactly two minutes ago. Annabeth quickly looks for the money her mom left her and found exactly $200 dollars on the counter although her mother usually gives her $25. She found a sticky note attached to the money it said

From: Mom, Crystal, and Dan. "Happy Birthday!"

Crystal and Dan where Annabeth's siblings they both went to college and came to visit on the weekends so Annabeth was like an only child when they weren't around. Putting the money in her pocket, she remembered what Max had told her through text and began to lock all the doors as he had instructed. As she began to close the last door the doorbell rang as she walked towards the main door...