Scotty - Request

Request: Can you do one about Scotty? Where you have been working in engineering with Scotty for a few months and you liked him but too afraid to tell BC the last guy rejected you. I kind of want to see what Scotty's reaction when you drunkenly tell him how you have liked him for months.

This is for @emcorn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shore leave with the crew of the Enterprise was always an adventure. Typically, you would go out drinking with some of your fellow crew members, including Scotty, who you worked with in engineering. Tonight was going to be much of the same. Captain Kirk had granted shore leave for the whole crew, so you were going to leave as soon as you finished your work.

There was no denying that the prospects of a night out with Scotty were exciting to you. You had liked him for months, but you were terrified of telling him about your crush. You were no stranger to rejection. Back at the academy, there had been a boy, Kevin, who had stolen your heart. He was one of the sweetest guys you had ever met, or so you thought at least, and you quickly became good friends with him. When you finally got around to asking him out, however, he had immediately rejected you and then proceeded to inform his friends and make fun of you. Needless to say, that had been quite miserable.

You had worried that it would be difficult to move on from said guy, but as soon as you met Scotty, any feelings you had for the other guy vanished. Something about Scotty made your heart speed up and gave you goosebumps, in a good way.

After putting your tools away, you went back to your room to change and then met Scotty, Sulu, Uhura, Chekov, and a few others on the planet's surface. Your group entered a bar together but soon split up inside. You went to sit at the bar with Uhura and talk.

"Looking for him?" Uhura asked, giving you a knowing smirk as you glanced around the bar.

"Yeah," you said, sheepishly, "I don't know where he could have gone to."

"I'm sure he'll find you later...he always seems to," she remarked.

"Okay, I want honesty right now; do you think there's any chance of him liking me back?" you asked, looking into her eyes for any signs of lying.

"Honestly?" She raised an eyebrow and took a sip of her drink, "I think he's smitten. You should see the way he looks at you when you look away. Actually, it's the same way you look at him. I think you should go for it, girl." You took a long sip of your drink.

"I don't know if I could do it though...after-after what happened with Kevin..." you sighed and finished your drink.

"That was different," she told you, "Nothing will ever happen if you don't at least try."

"I know. You're right."

"As always," she replied cockily while laughing.

"But how do I tell him?"

"How do you tell who what?" a voice said from behind you with a thick Scottish accent. You could smell the liquor on his breath before you even turned around.

"Nothing, Scotty," you said as you locked eyes with him.

"Well, Lassie, in that case, you should have another drink," he slurred, turning to the bartender. After you finished the drink he ordered, he said, "We should do shots."

"I'm up for it," you shrugged, turning to Uhura.

"I'd better not...one of us has to be sober enough to get everyone back to the ship," she said, winking at you and slinking away. You and Scotty did so many shots that you lost count, and with each one, your mind got foggier and foggier. Eventually, Uhura herded everyone back onto the ship. You and Scotty got separated though and found yourselves walking around in the cool night air.

"Scotty, I've been...I've been," you stuttered, forgetting your words, "I've been meaning to tell you something."

"What is it, Lassie?"

"Well...I don't know...the thing is, I can't remember," you giggled, tripping over a rock. Scotty tried to catch you, but you just ended up laughing in a heap on the ground.

"I think you've had a wee bit much to drink," he laughed. You couldn't help noticing how close his face was to yours. In that moment, you leaned up and kissed him. He froze in shock, and you leaned back, now painfully aware of what you had just done, even through the haze of alcohol.

You stood up and stumbled away to the nearest tree, which you hid behind. This seemed like a good solution to you at the time, since your judgement was so impaired. Obviously, Scotty followed you.

"Awe man, how'd you find me," you sighed as he sat down next to you.

"(Y/n), why'd ya kiss me?"

"Because..." you gulped before blurting out, "I've liked you for months, and I've been too scared to tell you. I'm sorry. Can we just forget it ever happened?"

"I don't think so," he said, "That's something I'm going to want to remember, Lassie." With that, he pulled you to him and sloppily kissed you. You kissed him back, confused at his reaction but relieved.

"And people say that drinking leads to bad decisions," you laugh before kissing him again, knowing that you had made a good, though somewhat impulsive, decision.