McCoy

A/N I decided to write another Bones imagine, but I promise that at some point I will write imagines for characters other than Kirk, Spock, and McCoy, and I will finish the Scotty request I am currently working on.  Anyways, hope you enjoy this one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You waited impatiently by the door, wearing a new dress and with your hair curled perfectly. After all, it wasn't everyday that your boyfriend of three years got shore leave, and you wanted everything to be perfect.

You had met Leonard McCoy at a bar, of all places, and had instantly connected. After many weeks of talking and hanging out, he had finally asked you out. You knew that he was hesitant to start dating again after his previous divorce, but everything had been worth the wait with him. Sadly, he had left on a five year mission aboard the USS Enterprise, and you rarely saw him these days.

There was a sudden knock on your apartment door, interrupting your thoughts. You rushed over and unlocked the door, pulling it wide open. Leonard stood in your doorway, looking handsome as ever, with a grin on his face. You jumped into his arms and buried your head in the crook of his neck. He picked you up and spun you around, eventually pushing you against the doorframe and kissing you passionately. You tangled your fingers into his brown hair, glad to finally feel him again.

"We should probably get out of the hallway, Darling," he said, breaking your kiss and lifting his suitcase. You led him into your apartment.

No sooner had he set his bags down than an excited puppy ran into the living room from your bedroom. Your new puppy, which you had not told Leonard about, was named Ronny. Ronny ran over to Leonard, wagging his tail and barking excitedly. You shushed him, but it did no good. Leonard looked surprised as the puppy jumped up and tried to lick his hand.

Leonard squatted down, scratching Ronny behind the ears. You bit your lip and smiled at how adorable it was to see your boyfriend with a puppy. You had not been sure how he would react to an animal.

"Leonard, meet Ronny," you said, kneeling down beside him.

"(Y/n), he's adorable. Why didn't you tell me you got a puppy?" he asked.

"It must have slipped my mind."

The two of you stood up, and Leonard went to put his bags away while you went to the kitchen to make dinner. Leonard walked into the kitchen and hugged you from behind while you stirred a pot of spaghetti sauce.

"I'm glad you're back," you hummed.

"Me too; I missed you," he responded, kissing your neck, "Your arms are much more inviting than the disease and danger of space."

"Maybe you should just stay then."

"(Y/n), you know I would if I could, Darling," he said, "But I'm needed on the Enterprise....The mission will be over in a few years though." You sighed and leaned your head back against his chest, cherishing this fleeting moment.

At your kitchen table, you and Leonard caught up. He told you about the crew of the Enterprise and all of the adventures he had had, though he did not seem overly enthusiastic and appeared to still hold a grudge about some of the things people had done.

At one point, he dropped his napkin on the ground, but when he bent over to pick it up, Ronny, who had been waiting underneath the table, jumped up and gobbled down the rest of Leonard's spaghetti. You yelled for Ronny to get off the table and scolded him.

"I'm so sorry. He isn't usually like this," you apologized.

"It's okay, (y/n)," Leonard laughed, "I happen to like the little fellow enough to let it slide." You smiled and laughed too, pleasantly surprised at his reaction.