Chapter 21 Waiting For You<3 A Greyson Chance and Cody Simpson Love Story

Chapter 21

After I am led offstage I am attacked by Greyson. He hugs me tight and pulls me into him. He smells of hair gel and vinyl records. I swear that boy has an obsession with them. "Congratulations Shelby," he begins after smiling at me. "I knew you guys were made for each other." I grin widely, staring at the ring on my left hand. The idea of me getting married at fifteen was mind boggling, but it was to Cody and he had always been there for me. I loved him.

"Where's Michaela?" I ask. Oddly, I had this separation issue with her. It's probably just a moms instinct. 

"In the back with Angie. Are you alright? I mean, with Cody announcing it and everything." Inhaling deeply I nod. 

"Yeah, in fact I think it's better that they know. We don't have to hide anything now. If any of his fans do something I'm going to have to handle it."

Greyson seems to understand and throws his arm around my shoulder casually. "Don't worry Cody and I won't let anything happen, especially not to you. You are his Angel, and my best friend." My insides warm and I get this comfortable feeling that I haven't quite experienced before. It was comfort and true love. Not thinking about it I kiss Greyson on the cheek. He smirks, "What was that for?"

"For everything."

************

*Seven Months Later*

"Michaela, give me the candy..." I beg, annoyed at my daughter. They always talk about the terrible twos but I swear it should be the onerous ones.

 "No!" she teases. Cody is on his hands and knees next to me. 

"If you come out I'll sing you your favorite song." Cody tempts. You can see the wanting flash in Kayla's eyes.

Cody turns to me smirking then begins, "My Angel, how'd you get to be so fly? How'd you shine so bright girl? How'd you get to look like that? Heaven, don't you call her back." 

Michaela's adorable face lights up, brighter than the sun and she leaps into his arms. "Halo, halo! I'm not twayin hi!" I chuckle at the way she sings. She was too adorable, that is, when she wasn't stealing candy before dinner.

"Good girl!" I say snatching away the half eaten twix bar. 

"You know babe one chocolate bar won't hurt before the concert." He was talking about his show tonight in three hours. 

"No way, I'm not letting her have chocolate then go run around crazy in the streets of New York. The last thing I need is a lost baby." He rolls his eyes mocking me.

 "I wasn't talking about her, I like twix." He begs with his gorgeous blue eyes.

"Fine" I hand him the piece of chocolate as he squeals like a five year old. "Large child." I mutter under my breath. 

"Hey you'll be married to this child in four months" He cocks his eyebrows and I chuckle.

 Taking Michaela from his arms I tell him, "You should go get changed for the concert." As soon as I say that Angie comes walking in saying the exact same thing. It was creepy.

"Fine!" he yells over dramatically. He's really good at acting mad but when he walks by he kisses me softly. "Love you." he whispers. 

Giggling, I answer back, "I know. Love you too." He winks then walks into his room.

It's been extremely different these past few months. That night so many months ago turned out not as bad as we thought. Instead of hate, I received love. Cody and I got boatloads of mail with baby clothes, food, and so many other necessities. Of course, this only increased his fame.