Chapter Twelve Waiting For You<3 A Greyson Chance and Cody Simpson Love Story

Chapter Twelve

My legs feel like lead, just like my empty yet somehow heavy, heart. My eyes were red and puffy. I barely had the energy to open up the door of my home. But when I do, I am greeted by a warm and comfortable sight.

My mom is standing at the stove working up some concoction, dad is asleep(what else is new), and Greyson and Cody are sitting at the table talking with my mother. The previous bubble disappears as soon as my presence is known. Greyson and Cody stand simultaneously.

"What happened?" Cody asks worry fills his beautiful aqua eyes. 

"She's.... gone." Greyson looks at his feet like he always done when he doesn't know what to do. Unlike Greyson, Cody knows exactly how to comfort me. Cody opens his arms and I race towards him, fleeing to my peaceful fortress of his arms, I cry.

I let every little bit of moisture in my eyes flow. Mom, immediately motions for my room, knowing I need privacy. I feel Cody's strong arms scoop me up bridal style and he carries me into my room.

I disappear into him, his being. His smell overwhelms me. An aura of safety and protection radiates off his tanned skin. Momentarily, I forget about everything and think about how much I love Cody. Just his touch sends me reeling. What brings me back down to earth is that the whole reason this happened was because of him.

I am placed on my bed and Cody lays down next to me with his arms cemented to my waist. "You tried your best Shelby, that's all you can do." His breath tickles the back of my neck. It sends my hormones off but I push them back down. I needed control, I couldn't fall back on the boy I broke my best friends heart with.

"No I didn't Cody." I choke out in-between sobs. "If I had really tried I wouldn't have even kissed you in the first place. I would've ignored my feelings and shoved you off no matter how badly I wanted you then. I would have thought of Gisela before me. If I would've tried my hardest I'd have Gisela with me right now."

"Shelby," he pulls me closer to him as if that's even possible. I can feel the rise and fall of his breathing through my back. "You did try your best, and you aren't a horrible friend it was my fault in the first place. I shouldn't have kissed you, I was with Gisela like you said, I should have ignored those feelings, no matter how much it killed me. "

I turn to where I'm facing him, his arms still around me. "Don't you dare blame yourself for this."

"Well don't call yourself a bad friend because you're not. You just made a mistake."

That's the thing. I felt horrible for doing that to Gisela but it wasn't a mistake, whenever I was with Cody I felt whole. Even now that gap that had been there was now gone, full and overflowing. I didn't make a mistake I did what was right.

"Cody the thing is, it wasn't a mistake. I really, really, really like you. It wasn't a mistake for me kissing you, and you me. You did what you felt like was perfect and it was but the thing is, I can't find it in myself to say that breaking my best friends heart was a mistake."

I look in his eyes and he understands me. I can tell by his facial expressions. "It's because 'we' aren't a mistake." 

He leans in very slowly and searches my eyes for permission I turn my head. I couldn't do this again no matter how great the temptation. "Cody I can't do this again. You know- that I couldn't feel that way about you. Not after what just happened." He shakes his head as if he doesn't believe me and he shouldn't.

"That's the thing Shelby, I like you, more than like you. You're always on my mind and I know I love you. I hate to do this to you but I don't want the only reason you reject me is because of something you did." He's right, the only reason I would ever think about rejecting him is because of Gisela. But the more I thought about it something she said came up over and over again.

"I don't care about you and Cody, I know you love each other and I'm happy for you but you lied to me."

She told me then that she wanted me to be happy. She didn't say it exactly like that but I have known her for nine years, that's what she meant. But for some reason I couldn't find the words to say it.

"Cody, I can't say it-"

"You don't have to."

His eyes wander from my eyes to my mouth. He leans in slowly and purposefully set on kissing me. Our lips connect and the feeling is even stronger than the first. My lips burn with an incredible sensation and every kiss would cause it to flare up, but the only way to extinguish the pyro was his sweet and gentle kisses.

He slowly and deliberately continues to kiss me. He's gentle and caring. This is like nothing I ever have, or could have felt with Greyson. This feeling was only meant for two people in this world. Us.

He pulls away slowly as if teasing me. His eyes bore into mine. "Do you think that was a mistake Shelby?" I shake my head no. It was just the opposite. It felt as if I was meant to be that way, forever.

"Don't let Gisela stand in the way of us." He leans in closer a second time to where his lips are a centimeter within mine. "Shelby Cosway, will you be my girlfriend?"

Gisela clearly wasn't a problem now, I still wanted her back but it was too late for me. There was nothing I could do. But there was Greyson, what would he think?

"Cody, what about Greyson? He still loves me and I can't do that to him. I don't want to hurt anyone anymore." I look away from his eyes. I can't ever resist his eyes.

"Greyson, he'll get over it. In fact I think he already is just please, say yes." His eyes plea for me. I look back up at him.

Even though Cody said Greyson would be alright I didn't believe it. I couldn't just go and date the boy I cheated on my boyfriend with. That was the lowest any girl could possibly go.

But I loved Cody so much. He was kind, funny, smart, and a Christian. You couldn't get any more than that. How could I single handedly turn down the boy I was determined to marry one day.

"Cody, I really like you, and you know it but, I can't stop thinking about Greyson." Cody immediately sits up. 

"Does Greyson know everything about you like I do. Is he your absolute best friend? Shelby, he doesn't know you inside out like I do. He doesn't know that your favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip. He doesn't know that you would rather have green eyes and if you had a choice of being a singer or reporter you'd be a reporter. You're an amazing writer and the only person you'd ever die for besides Gisela is your brother. He doesn't know that your favorite thing to do is run and you're fearless except of one thing."

He looks me in the eyes adding a dramatic effect.

"You're scared of being alone."

A/N

Okay I know kind of crappy place to leave of but I had to end it there for some strange reason. Lol. Anyway please vote and comment and all the usual stuff. I really need more reads. Can we see if we can get the reads up to 500? I would greatly appreciate it.

Love,

~Shelby

A/N

Oh shit, I'm still scared of being alone tbh Edited 3/27/2017