Chapter Sixteen Waiting For You<3 A Greyson Chance and Cody Simpson Love Story

Chapter 16

"Wait, what?" I question dumbfounded.

 "You heard me, he's gone." My knees automatically buckle and I crumple to the floor.

Greyson drops down beside me and envelopes me in his arms. He pulls me into him and brushes my hair back, whispering empty, caring words into my ear.

Peculiarly, no tears flow. No anger dwells within me. All there is is a deep unsettling feeling in the pit of my being. I was sure I would get him back. Now I didn't even have a chance.

"I can't believe he'd leave, without even saying goodbye." My entire body shakes uncontrollably.

 "He isn't gone for good, he just needs a while away from everything. He needs time to think." I nod in understanding. In fact, I needed some time of my own.

"Greyson, I need that too. I'm going to leave for a while." I state flatly. This was the best for me. If I just took a while to rejuvenate if be fine.

"Where are you going to go Shelby?" he questions. I honestly did not know. In silence, we sit there momentarily then an epiphany strikes. 

"I'm going to go see my brother." I inform him.

Standing up, I make my way to my room. Grabbing my backpack I fill it with money, my phone, and my precious iPod. I head out of my room and find Greyson sitting prone in the exact place I left him.

"I didn't know you had another  brother." he tells me. I hug him then head towards the door. 

"Tell my family I'll be back before dinner." Opening the door I look back at Greyson, "And you're right, I don't."

************

Walking the streets of town is an easy task for me. I know this town like the back of my hand. The issue was getting to mulberry. I could either take the bus or continue to walk. I settle on the bus. It was safer.

Taking out a five dollar bill I wait at the bus stop for the old, rickety, piece of scrap metal. Finally, the contraption rolls up screeching to a stop.

I board the bus and hand the money over to the driver. She eyes me up then questions gruffly, "Is it just you?" That was where the real problem was, wasn't it?

I was alone after two heart breaks when I should be with Greyson right now. I should be at home eating my favorite ice cream and pouring out my heart to Gisela. I should be talking with Cody explaining why I loved him so much. Instead, I was here at a dirty and pestile bus stop.

"Yeah, it's just me." I tell the woman before sitting in a hole covered seat.

************

Reaching my destination, I get off the bus. It will only take a few minutes to walk to the cemetery.

The graveyard is as gray and bleak as I remember it, regardless of the sunlight surrounding it. I make my way between the eerie headstones reading each name, unnecessarily because I had all of them memorized.

The first one John Talbot. Born 1949, died 2001. Cause of death, falling twenty stories and exploding on the ground after jumping from the story floor of Tower 1.

The large and regal one next to it, Martha Wright, multi millionaire. Born 1929 died 2009. Her heart stopped after eighty golden years.

I could go on forever. Forest Marsh, Wanda Reynolds, Jessica Black, the list seemed eternal. In my mind I checked off everyone until I reached the final one on the plot of land.