Chapter Eleven Waiting For You<3 A Greyson Chance and Cody Simpson Love Story

Chapter Eleven

My mom and dad weren't home from work yet, so of course I had to run to Gisela's house. I didn't care though, I was willing to do absolutely anything to get her back. As I sprinted onto her subdivision the dark luminous clouds above me decided suddenly to open, piercing my skin with ice like rain. It only sends a rush of adrenaline through me and I speed up.

Finally, I come up to her door and begin pounding on the wooden frame. "Gisela! Please let me in!" I don't hear a response but I continue to beg. "Come on I know you're mad just please let me explain." I remain there with the rain soaking my skin and hair, with the thunder booming in the background, and the occasional lightning brightening the sky.

The door swings open and I face my previous best friend. Her manner is nothing like the one I have come accustomed to. Her eyes seemed solidified and her breathing is a deafening calm pattern. "Be quiet you'll wake my mom up." she informs nodding over to Big Gi lying on the couch, lifeless to the world. She shuts the door and leads me to her room, standing before her bed. This abode no longer felt like my home. It felt haunted and I was the ghost supposed to be gone long ago.

"Will you let me explain?" I plea as my eyes wander over to the open suitcase lying half empty on her bed.

 "You have ten minutes because my Aunt is going to be here then to take me with her."

"Where are you going?" I wonder. She looks at the suitcase, to the picture of her birth mother, then to me. 

"Home."

My heart shatters at that simple word, home. Before she moved here, after her real mom died, she lived in New York. My mind almost blacks out at the thought of her being so far away. 

"Why are you going there?" She exhales and throws the shirt she was folding against the wall.

"What don't you get Shelby?! You and Cody broke my heart! Did you really think you could come here and make everything better? We aren't living in some book. There is absolutely nothing you could do to make me change my mind about moving to New York."

A tear runs down my cheek. I hadn't shed one in a long time. Not even whenever Greyson broke up with me. Gisela was the only one able to withdraw this moisture from my eyes, she meant the world to me.

"Gisela, I'm sorry. I didn't know what I was thinking, I was being selfish."

She looks at me in the eyes giving me a look I had never received from her before, hate. "That's the thing isn't it? You never think about anyone but yourself. You act like the innocent little girl when inside you're conceited and shallow and whenever the choice comes down to it you'd pick a momentary boyfriend over a best friend you've had for NINE YEARS!"

This comment pierces my spirit with a double edged sword. It wasn't because it offended me but it was all true. Whenever Cody had kissed me I completely forgot about Gisela. I knew it was all wrong but yet because of MY feelings I didn't. I was shallow and everything else she called me. I was nothing better than all those girls we didn't like at school.

"Gisela, I know I was all that but please forgive me. I'll do anything. I'll forget about Cody and Greyson all together. All it has to be is me and you. Please," My voice cracks and I can't stop the second and third tear from sliding down my face.

"That wouldn't help anything Shelby. All of us know how you and Cody feel about each other. You would never stop loving him and I know that even you know it. That's not the reason I'm leaving. You were my confidant. I trusted you with everything. You were the only person who hadn't ever back stabbed me." She breathes shakily. "And now I guess even you have been taken away from me." A silent tear falls down her skin leaving a trail of anger and hurt.

"You were the one I told everything to whenever I was upset or angry, you meant the world to me Shelby, did you know that?"

"Yes, and I failed you but you still mean the world to me."

"Apparently not. It's time to go somewhere else." A car horn honks and she grabs her stuff. I didn't realize until now how empty her room was. "Shelby, I'm not mad at you because of you and Cody. In fact, I knew it all along but the thing is you lied to me. You told me you felt nothing and I was stupid enough to believe your obvious lie. Whenever I saw you and Cody I felt like a fool. I was so gullible." She picks up her suitcase and phone. "But who's the fool now?" Even though what she says is a question, I know it's a statement towards me. I was the fool for kissing Cody, breaking Gisela's heart, everything.

She leaves her room exiting the house and I run behind her. She gets in her Aunts red convertible when I shout, "Gisela please forgive me!" She looks at me and this time something different appears in her brown eyes. Pity. She continues to observe me a moment and she wipes the tear off her face. "I can't" she shuts the car door and backs out of the driveway, leaving me standing there empty. I collapse onto the freezing ground and let out all the tears that haven't been released in thirteen years. The rain above me suddenly becomes one with my pain.

**********

A/N

Hello people! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for all the feedback and votes. I am increasing the vote and comments on this again. I need seven votes and six comments and one new fan from this story! I'm sorry for making it really elaborate but I need to get a whole lot more readers and fans. So please vote, comment, fan and please tell whoever you know about this book. Thanks for everything you guys do!

Love,

~ Shelby

Edited 3/27/2017