Chapter Seventeen Waiting For You<3 A Greyson Chance and Cody Simpson Love Story

Chapter 17

My whole world ceases to spin. Time freezes, everything I know to exist stops. No, what she's saying cant be real. This is all a bad dream. As soon as I wake up I'll be an Enchancer again with posters of Greyson all over my wall. I will have never met Cody and Greyson. I will gawk over the teen pop stars without worrying about hurting anyone. Gisela will be my best friend again. And most importantly, I will not be pregnant.

"Mom, I can't be." She shakes her head to my denial. "No mom," my voice begins to crack and my face heats up. Water fills up my eyes and my chest hurts. "Mom tell me this isn't real. I mean I'm only fourteen." 

She chokes back a sob, "But Shelby you are." I shake my head uncontrollably. 

"No! Mom I can't do that! I won't be able to be a mom!"

My voice raises to where I'm yelling at the top of my lungs. Greyson comes racing in and finds me going ballistic. "What's wrong?" He attempts at speaking over my dramatic and profuse tears. My crying quiets because it was then I realized that he didn't know.

Clearing my throat I look at my mother. "Wait, he doesn't know?" He gazes back and forth between us.

 "Doesn't know what?" His eyes instantly fill with worry and care, the compassion for me that had always been there.

 My mom begins, "Greyson, after the police found Shelby they had some bad news." Greyson gets a duh look on his face.

 "Of course they did she had been stabbed over ten times." he says this calmly but something tells me this was not his first reaction when he heard the news.

"No Greyson, the men who attacked Shelby, they," she looks to me and I look away from her to Greyson. A silent tear rolls down my skin as she stutters the truth. "they raped her. And she's pregnant." My mom begins crying again and Greysons eyes bore into me. All the color drains from his face. The worry in his eyes now turn to anger and shock.

Immediately he runs up to me and wraps me in a hug. Sobbing into him I let everything out. While this is happening my mom leaves the room to compose herself and shuts the door. I open up everything to Greyson. "Greyson, I'm scared." He climbs into bed next to me and continues to hold me. 

"Shelby, I don't know what to say. All I can say is you have the complete right to be afraid but you dont need to. You're the bravest and strongest person I know."

Inhaling a shaky breath I begin again, "But what'll happen Greyson? I'll never be able to finish school, no one will want to be friends with the knocked up fourteen year old, and I'm just scared. I'm just a kid Grey. I'll be a baby raising a baby. I can't do that on my own."

He brushes my hair behind my ear. "Shelby, don't you know you'll never be alone? You have me and I'm always, always here for you. Even through this. I will help you raise this baby." He locks his eyes with mine. I shake my head. He couldn't do that. In order to do that he would have to give up his career.

"No Greyson, you can't you'd have to be here all the time. I won't let you give away your career because of a fan girl you met at a concert. I can't let you play daddy." 

He refuses, "No, I am because Shelby you're more than a fan girl, you're my best friend and I love you too much to just forget about you. I am going to stay here and make sure I can take care of you and that baby." He pointed to my stomach and gently touched it. "After all, I don't mind playing daddy."

I search Greysons eyes for any sign of remorse towards the plan, there's none. A tear escapes my eyes. But for Once, it's not out of hurt but happiness. "Greyson, what did I ever do to deserve you?" He pulls away from me and looks me in the eyes. 

"You said yes," He states.

I am filled at puzzlement towards what he is saying. "I said yes to what?" He leans in and kisses my forehead gently. It is soothing. 

"To being my friend." I pull him back in for a hug. 

"I would be stupid not too." Then I say something that I felt like I've needed to say for a while.

"I am so sorry Greyson."

"For?" he questions quizzically.

"For cheating on you, for hurting you, for dragging you into this." Looking up at him, I search for his reaction to my apology.

"Don't apologize." He began playing with my hair. "You loved Cody and you guys are unbreakable. I shouldn't have Interfered. To be honest, I knew he liked you when I asked you to be my girlfriend. I knew you felt bad for me, that's why you said yes." Pain struck me in my core. I really did like him then.

"Greyson, it wasn't like that. I really liked you and I still do just not in the way I thought before. But still I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I'm everything I am now because of you. Never apologize for that." He scoots closer to me than intertwines his fingers with mine. Not in any romantic gesture but in friendship and it felt nice. Softly he begins singing my favorite song.

"Sat there on the dock with both my feet grazing the water I can taste the island beaches on my tongue," The last thing I remember before drifting off into sleep is his angelic voice singing to me.

**********

A/N

Hey guys I decided to upload again! Do what do you think of the whole pregnancy thing? Also what do you think of me and Greyson? Is it a friendship or another crack at a relationship. Please tell me what you think.

Love,

Shelby

Edited 3/27/2017