Chapter Nine Waiting For You<3 A Greyson Chance and Cody Simpson Love Story

Chapter Nine

The next day I wake up to the smell of something delicious cooking. I would've slipped back into my peaceful slumber but I don't know if it was the tantalizing smell of whatever was cooking or the burning sensation of sun prying on my eyelids. Either way I opened my eyelids to a shirtless Cody. It's not my normal wake up pattern but hey, I'm not complaining,

I sit up and stretch my back groaning at the back of my throat. "Morning..." I greet groggily.

 Cody turns and smiles wide, "Well finally the sleeping beauty is awake."

 I laugh mentally and answer, "Babes, it's far from beauty." I mentally slap myself for using babes. I was so used to that term. Thank God Cody didn't hear it.

"I don't think so. You are very pretty." I find myself blushing. Stupid red cheeks. It's a major giveaway that I like someone. Wait, what am I saying, I mean thinking. I was dating someone. Not just someone I was dating Greyson. A complete sweetheart, Christian, and overall amazing person.

Secondly, Cody was my best friends boyfriend. He was out of the list of options. It was against the girl code to do that especially when you've been best friends since you were toddlers. No it could never happen, I cared about Gisela, and Greyson to much.

And how do I know Cody just wasn't being sweet. He can't help it if he's always nice all the time, his perfect hair, his accent, the way he smiles that warms me- no Shelby stop it. He's a taken boy and you're a taken girl. Nope not possible. It's out of the question, he's off the radar.

"Thanks Cody. What's that delicious smell?" He bends over and picks up a bag of McDonalds and shakes it dramatically. 

"Sausage biscuits." he smiles deviously.

 "Yay!" I squeal like a little girl and leap for the bag but Cody jerks it out of my reach.

"Not until we say the blessing." I narrow my eyes and mouth at him. 

"Grr..." 

He just chuckles deep in his throat and says, "Fine only because you gave me that 'terrifying' look" Sarcasm is evident in his voice. 

"You know it." I tell him. I smile and bite into my sausage biscuit.

*****************

It's been four weeks since Greyson's been gone. I've missed him like crazy but I haven't been completely alone. I've hung out with Gisela and Cody almost everyday now. Sometimes it's just him and I and I like it. It seems as if everyday our friendship has gotten stronger. We learn more about each other everyday.

I know his favorite color is blue. That he absolutely loves surfing and swimming. He's been in a number of four relationships including Gisela. He loves girls with a crazy personality, brown hair, confidence, and intelligence. He loves God with all his heart.

I can practically tell you everything he thinks about everyone else. How he thinks Alli is a weird thirteen year old. How he believes Greyson is a better singer than him, like I said everything.

He knows the same about me. He knows how I was bullied in sixth grade and I immediately lost my confidence in myself, to why I absolutely hate sock monkeys. True chiz, they're just creepy.

Anyway, we are the best of friends now. Sometimes I can't help but think if there is something more. Whenever we hug or let alone touch at all I seem to receive this stunning amount of electricity running through me. There is no doubt I like him but it's not possible. I couldn't do that to my best friend.

Yet everyday I lie to her by sitting around whenever they start one of their make out sessions like its nothing. I stay there like it doesn't bother me or gives me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I play along with them. She's asked me several times if I liked or even loved Cody. Every time I would lie, either making a joke or fake vomiting to satisfy her needs, completely abandoning mine.