Chapter Eighteen Waiting For You<3 A Greyson Chance and Cody Simpson Love Story

Chapter 18

My eyes were still shut yet I heard voices. Somehow I was aware that this was not a dream, but it honestly felt like it. "So what does this mean doctor?" The voice obviously belongs to my mother. Pain drips from her voice, a poison to my soul.

"It means she'll never be able to have kids after this. In fact whenever she does deliver it will have to be a c section." An anonymous voice delivered this sorrowful information to my mother. My heart breaks in two.

I would never be able to have my own kids with Cody. Wait, he's gone. I have to remember that. I must keep in mind that he left because I said no. That made my chest hurt.

"So you expect us to understand that my daughter, was raped multiple times by several college kids, will have God knows how many kids, and she will never to be able to have any with a boy she actually loves! This is wrong." My mom breaks down into tears and I decide to block it out by falling asleep.

When I come to again I hear a pair of voices. I think I must be imagining because I recognize one of those voices as someone who should be gone. "What are we going to do man?" The voice that I can instantly identify as Greyson questions. 

"The only thing we can do. We're going to help her raise this baby." The impossible voice tells Greyson. 

"I told her I am and I will. I will always be there for her. Unlike someone else I know."

I hear a loud crash which must be a hand banging on a table. "Listen, she said no to me! I had to go away Grey! She was the only girl to ever break my heart and I couldn't handle it. Especially since she rejected me for you. She loves you more than me."

Greysons voice softens, "Cody, she doesn't love me like she loves you. She told me that and I told her to go for you. I would be cool with it."

"Then why-"

"She was going to ask for your forgiveness whenever you left. That's when she left and went off the deep end."

An appalling silence fills the stuffy hospital room. "I'm sorry man. It was all my fault, I can't believe I was stupid enough to leave her."

"Dude, it's not your fault. And don't apologize to me, it's her you need to apologize to."

Then I decide to stage me waking up. My eyes flutter open and I spot Greyson. "Hey sunshine," he greets with bags under his eyes. 

"Hey," I respond groggily. His eyes wander to the door. Maybe no one else was here, I was imagining it.

"Someones here to see you." That's when he walks in. The boy is familiar and tall, about five, ten, his cerulean eyes are filled with guilt and care. 

"Cody?" I question concealing my tears. Just seeing him made me emotional. One accidentally slips out and I fail at wiping it away.

"Shelby, I-I'm sorry this is all my fault." He begins. Greyson smiles shyly at me and leaves the room closing the door behind him. 

"No it isn't. Don't you dare blame yourself for this." He steps closer, exposing himself to me, the disease.

 "But I need to, I left you here alone and no one should leave someone they love. I was an idiot. And now," he sits on my bed and touches my wrapped stomach. "And now you're hurt."

I was much more than hurt. I felt alone, broken, and dirty. I had promised myself I would stay a virgin till marriage, and I know I couldn't help it, but a stranger took that away from me. "Cody, it wasn't because of you. I was the stupid one and now." I cut off, unable to say the words, "I'm pregnant."

He grabs my hand and strokes it gently, "It's not your fault that you were raped. In fact it's no ones fault except those men who did this to you. All I know is I aim to take care of you and this baby. Greyson and I talked, we both are going to stay in Florida as long as possible to take care of you. We want to watch this baby grow up and become a beautiful young lady or man just like you. Then I plan to stick around for a long time. Only if you'll let me." He leans in then kisses me softly on the lips. It's quick, yet deliberate and just that touch drives me crazy.

"Of course you can, but what about your career?"

"For you I am willing to give up everything. All I need is you to love. Tell me to go and I will but just say yes and I'll be here forever."

I think over this. I loved Cody with all my heart. I knew he was asking me to be his girlfriend but how could a fifteen year old boy handle his girlfriend being pregnant with a child that isn't his. I decide quickly. I can't make the same mistake twice.

"Yes" I tell him. He smiles widely and kisses me again.

***************

It's been nine months since I've become pregnant. Today, June ninth, is the day I'm supposed to give birth to a baby girl. Its hard to believe that a year ago I was at a concert just hoping to meet the guys. I never knew it would come to this.Every week I've gone to the doctors for check ups and full body scans. This baby is determined to be healthy.

Greyson and Cody have stuck around, as promised. Both of them cancelled their tours to stay with me. Whenever asked why, they always say family reasons. For the past nine months they have pampered me and made sure I was alright. They even threw me my fifteenth birthday party. They made it the best one ever because it is the last one I'll ever has as a kid.

I won't lie. I'm a mess. I am so scared that I will raise this baby wrong and I'll screw up but Greyson and Cody have brought me through it. I am extremely great full for them. Cody and I are closer than ever. We both love each other and we know it. Greyson and I are still best friends. He has never left me and I can always count on him.

As we pull into the hospital parking lot I immediately get wheeled to the back for my operation. Cody, now sixteen, holds my hand as they put the numbing gel on my protruding stomach. Greyson, fifteen, holds my hand firmly. "I'm scared," I admit. Cody brushes the hair out of my eyes and Greyson smiles. 

"You'll be fine," they both assure.

My parents and the boys' families are in the waiting room. The doctors wouldn't allow more than two people with me at a time. As the nurse slips the sedation into my iv Cody kisses my forehead, Greyson my cheek, and they leave the room. Before I slip away Cody whispers, "I love you." 

I barely have time to whisper, "I love you too," before I drift away to a synthetic slumber.

"Congratulations Miss Cosway, you now have a beautiful baby girl." This is how I am awoken. My eyes fly open and I find my mom and dad around me. Both of them are smiling widely, partly because they hold a beautiful baby in their hands. Reaching out my arms they place her in them. Staring at the baby, I immediately know who's child it is. The baby has bright green eyes.

I choose to ignore this. I refuse to go back to the past and that terrible night. Instead, I will live in this moment, now, with my baby girl. "So what are you going to name her?" My dad awaits in anticipation for my answer. I have thought long and hard on this and I have the answer.

"Michaela Robin" I tell them the first and middle names. My mom instantly understands why and smiles. 

"That's beautiful honey." I knew it is, because it was the names of the ones I couldn't live without. Greyson Michael Chance and Cody Robert Simpson.

Looking upon the little dark headed baby I whisper to her, "Michaela Robin Cosway, I love you so much. You are the world to me. Never, ever, forget that." I may have imagined it but I know I didn't. She smiled.

***********

A/N

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter and didn't find it boring. This is not the end of the book! I have about two or three chapter to go so no worries. I am planning on uploading later today or tommorow so make sure you check it out. Thank you everyone!

Love,

Shelby

Edited 3/27/2017