39) You Do Realize There's One More Chapter To Forty And Twenty Six Left

(Ik why tf is the title so long)
I played in Shayaa's hair and he scrolled through his twitter timeline. Something grabbed my attention. I pulled his hair. "Wait a minute, go back up." I said.

"Ow." Shayaa muttered. He scrolled back up to the tweet.
I
I can't decide whether @dreezydreezy or @21savage did better on Jul. 4 cause Dreezy killed shit on her first performance...🤔

"I almost forgot about my first performance." I said, twirling Shayaa's dreadlings (I call them dreadlings since they not necessarily dreads yet) in between my fingers.

"You did kill shit. No wonder you had all of those performances after that." Shayaa said.

"I had EIGHT fucking performances in less than 3 weeks." I said.

"Don't you have one Saturday?" Shayaa asked.

"True..." I said, thoughtfully.

"Find me in the front row." Shayaa said.

"Awe!" I cooed, giving him a kiss on his tattoo.

My phone started to vibrate and I picked it up. It was Hakeem. I chose to ignore it. "Who's that?" Shayaa asked.

"Nobody, not anybody I want to talk to right now." I said. Shayaa would lose his mind if he knew it was Hakeem.

A few minutes later, Hakeem called back. I froze. I had moved from behind Shayaa's head to in between his knees. "I thought we agreed to stop talking to him." Shayaa said.

"I haven't talked to him since that incident back in June." I said.

I grabbed my phone and sent him a text.

Can't talk

Why?

My business

Okay

I threw my phone on Shayaa's chest. "What I'm supposed to do with this?" Shayaa asked.

"Go crazy, I'm tryna get rid of this 10% I got left. It's no point in saving it." I said.

"And you couldn't do this yourself?" Shayaa asked.

"Ion know what's gone run my battery down real quick." I said.

I heard a few clicks and Shayaa threw my phone back on my chest. "You turned this off didn't you?" I asked.

"Nope." Shayaa said.

I held the power button and the low battery picture popped up. "How did you do it?" I asked.

"I opened all of your apps and didn't close them." Shayaa said.

"I will kick your ass if my phone starts acting slow." I said.

"Okay, Ugly." Shayaa said.

"Okay Peanut Head." I replied.

"Ugly."

"Peanut head."

"Ugly."

"Peanut head."

"Ugly."

"I know you ugly, but what am I?" I asked.

"You already know yo nickname is Ugly." Shayaa said.

"And you been knew your nickname is Peanut head." I said.

Shayaa lifted up my arm and squinted at the tattoos on my arm and wrist. "What's this date you got on your wrist?" Shayaa asked.

"The day my best friend died." I said.

"oh..." Shayaa said, his voice tiny.

"Guess what I found out yesterday." I said.

Shayaa looked up from his phone, where he was sending a message to somebody. "What?" He asked.

"Travis is Imani's cousin. Meaning they were probably in Dej's death together. And then, Chy just got poisoned yesterday so it's obvious Travis and Imani have somebody else on their side." I said.

"All of this clicked in your head yesterday?" Shayaa asked, continuing to type the message.

"Yeah, after Symere told me they were cousins. And who are you texting?" I asked.

"I'm not texting anybody, I'm sending a tweet." Shayaa said.

"Call me dumb again." I said.

"I never called you dumb."

"A tweet is 140 characters. You just sat and typed for two minutes straight. Add on push to shove, I can hear the sending and receiving noise. You gave yourself away, thinking I wouldn't catch on." I said.

"Nobody you need to know about." Shayaa said.

A sigh escaped from between my lips. I closed my eyes for a few seconds. "Shayaa, where did you go yesterday?" I asked, my eyes still closed.

"No--"

"Shayaa don't say it. If it was nowhere you wouldn't have left." I said.

Shayaa hesitated. "Shayaa, please don't tell me you're cheating." I said, my voice wavering.

"No, I'm not." Shayaa said, barely able to hold eye contact.

I pushed the heels of my hands into my eyes, causing a detonating burst of colors. "Shayaa, if you're lying to me, you'd better tell the truth now cause it will be worse if I find anything out." I said.

Too many things were clicking in my head. "No, I'm not, I'm dead ass." Shayaa said.

"If I catch you, y'all both gone need backup." I said.

I got up. "Wait, where you going?" Shayaa asked.

"I'm out, see you whenever." I said.

I grabbed my shoes and my phone and made my way back across the street. I got in the house and put my phone on the charger. Then I shed my clothes and put on a black t shirt and Nike shorts. I unsuccessfully put my hair up in a messy bun, it eventually falling back down onto my face. I put it back up and reached up into the top of the closet to retrieve my computer and took it with me to the living room.

I checked my email like I did every two weeks. A password reset request for my Twitter account. It had logged me out and I hadn't logged in in so long that I had forgotten my password.

I logged back into my Twitter account on my phone and continued checking my email. Nothing much.

I closed my computer and put it back in the case. I put it on the table so I could put it up once I went back in my room. Then my mind drifted to Shayaa as I scrolled through my endless list of twitter mentions.

I didn't know how to feel. He was making it hard for me to trust him. I wouldn't start a petty argument. If I found anything, that's when I jack him up and pin him to a wall by his dick and bat him like a piñata.

Hi y'all✨💎

Guess what😁😁

Shayaa is cheating, he just lied😊

That's all imma say.

Shout-out to whoever felt my pain in my notice❤

Okay bye.