7) He Knows More Than She Thinks

Seandrea Sledge:

I felt better the next day but Dane refused to let me come to work while I was 'sick'. I didn't really mind that though. I would just be playing hooky like I'd planned before I made myself sick (before you say anything, it wasn't my fault).

But the only thing on my mind all day was Shayaa. The way he looked at me when I told him we had to stay apart. How I felt like such an asshole for walking out. I tried not to think about it while I pulled on my black jeans. Imani said she was taking me out somewhere because the only places I've been is work and the house.

I fixed my twisted bra and pulled my shirt on. I washed my face and as I was zipping up my jacket, I got a text. I figured it was Imani but it was Symere.

U and Sha good? He told me you needed a break

Shayaa thought I needed a break. Or at least I thought so. He probably said that so Symere wouldn't beat my ass to the white meat. He really will do that shit.

Yeah, we cool tell him I said wassup

Another text came in from Imani telling me she was outside and I grabbed my stuff and walked out. "God damn, Dre, when the last time you checked your under eye bags?" Imani said.

"Why?" I said.

"Them shits dark as hell." Imani said.

I checked in the mirror on the sun visor. Imani was right. "I ain't had no type of sleep in the last three days, I been working late." The truth was, I hadn't had much sleep in the previous three or four days but it wasn't because I worked late. I've actually been getting off at six all week

"I should make you go back to your place and get some sleep." Imani said.

"Where we going?" I asked.

"First we gotta pick up Dej and Chy and then tonight I might take us out clubbing. So we going to the mall to get something to wear." Imani said.

Best believe that I was finna get drunk again. I may have been sick the last time but I have my limits, and this time I won't down a whole bottle of Hennessy.

Deja and her cousin Chy (no her name is not just Chy, she prefers I don't say her real name) got into the car and said the exact same thing as Imani about my under-eye bags.

My phone vibrated with a text message from Deja. If she was texting me, I knew it was something about Shayaa. If it was something else, she would have said it.

Shayaa told me you needed a break

Sheesh, Shayaa was just gone tell the whole world, huh?

Yeah, I feel like a asshole tho

Deja made a face in the backseat and Chy and Imani (and maybe me) laughed at her face.

Why u feel like a asshole?

         Cause I walked out after I told him

Did you just, walk out without saying bye?

           I think

Then I see why. Don't feel like you did s/t wrong

         Why?? I walked out on him w/o saying s/t

He came to his senses

            That's not a valid point😑

How much more valid can I make it?

            More valid than you just said. I'm an asshole.

            I shouldn't of walked out.

Jesus Christ, Dre U R NOT AN ASSHOLE

I put my phone down and leaned my head against the window. My phone vibrated again.

You do be getting real soft when you around him or you talking about him.

Dej had sent. Symere has said the exact same thing.

Ik

I leaned my head back on the window. "Who you was texting?" Chy said, out of the blue, making me flinch so hard I hit my head on the window.

By then Deja was dying laughing. Imani was almost crying. "I swear to god, Chy." I said, clutching my chest. Why was everybody making me flinch?

Everybody except me and Chy were laughing like shit.

Once everybody stopped laughing, Imani pulled into the parking lot of the mall. "Better be lucky I got my paycheck last week and I just cashed it yesterday." I mumbled.

I found a black two piece with a skirt and gold embroidery on the seams and some metallic gold platforms. I tried not to aim for the hoe-in-the-car-wash-wearing-little-ass-shorts look but nothing too little.

"They got these in a 7, but they don't got them in a 5." Imani complained, holding up some boots.

"All the fives are in the back, child." I said.

"Oh." Imani said, with a dumb look on her face.

Chy was the tallest at 5"8.5 (I know, she tall as shit) , and Dej was 5"7 (I guess tallness runs in the family). I trailed behind at 5"4 and Imani was the shortest at 5"2. Wait no, 5"1. Meaning Imani had small feet.

I picked up some more stuff and paid for it and waited for Deja Imani and Chy. When they were done we finally walked to the food court.

I wasn't the stereotypical person to go and get some McDonald's so I went to the Popeye's. "I didn't know they had a Popeye's." Chy said, as I sat down.

"Hint; look around, Einstein. If you wasn't so quick to rush to Subway." I said.

Imani laughed. Deja finally sat down after thirty years of standing in line at the Chick-Fil-A. "Shit, I could've went to chick-fil-a." I said.

"Nah, that line is long and the cashier got a stank attitude." Dej said.

"Oh." Me, Imani and Chy said.

"I saw what you bought, that two piece is cute." Imani said.

"Thank you." I said. I accidentally took off a big ass piece of chicken.

"God damn, you gone eat that big piece of chicken?" Chy said.

"I didn't even mean to take off that much." I said.

"Might as well eat it." Dej said.

"Eat what?" Imani said, her eyes widening.

I died laughing. "The chicken, dirty minded fool." Dej said.

I was practically crying. Imani was that one person who's mind always went to the gutter. I gasped for air and everytime I did I was laughing again. Everytime I tried to eat, I found myself laughing (like you know when something funny happen and it's over and you replay it in your mind five minutes later and you start laughing again).

Once everybody finished eating, we got back in the car and I checked the 13 notifications I had. Two from Des, one from Symere, some from twitter and instagram but the one that caught my eye was the message from Shayaa. Well, it was more of a comment on my instagram.

Instagram: @21savage commented:" 💖💔" on your post

I opened up instagram and looked at the picture. It was a picture of me and Hakeem. I had tagged him in the-- oh. Shit.

How y'all doing?

Anything you confused on that I can clear up?

Whatchu think Shayaa commented on that one post for?

Ooooooooo it's finna go down!!!

Okay bye😙