5) "What Else Can You Do?"

(Boi)

Shayaa Bin Abraham-Joseph:

I got a call from Des. He asked me for Seandrea's number and I gave it to him.

He was probably calling her about her song. I haven't talked to Seandrea for about two days. These long no-convo periods were killing me. I sent her two texts asking if she was okay and she didn't reply yet. I tried to move on with my life but I found that harder and harder as the week went by. First, Darren irritated the shit out of me. Second, Seandrea hadn't talked to me and it was stressing me out. Third, Symere had me making nightly drops nonstop all week.

I slept late on Sunday and only woke up to listen to a voicemail from Seandrea. "Hey Shayaa, you ain't answer the phone and I wasn't about to call over and over again. Just call me back if you can." She said.

I dialed her number and waited. She picked up on the fifth ring. "Hello?" She said.

"You called me." I said.

"Oh yeah, I was tryna apologize for not talking to you. I had to work my job all week. Des told me he dropping the song in like two or three weeks." Seandrea said.

"It's cool." I said.

"Shayaa, be honest. Am I irritating you, apologizing so much?" She asked.

"Not irritating me but you worrying me." I said.

"I'm sor-- oh." She corrected herself.

"You worrying me cause I really don't want you feeling like you always doing something. You fine, you don't gotta apologize for everything you do." I said.

"Okay." She said.

"What time you getting off today?" I asked.

"Wait, lemme see." She said. She talked to somebody in the background.

"I was supposed to get off at 12 in the morning but I'm getting off at 6 pm." She said.

"You really work that late?" I said.

"Yeah, sometimes I work until like 3-4." She said.

"You plan on dropping by?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was going to." She said.

"Oh." I said.

"Well my break is over so I guess I'll see you when I get off." She said.

"Okay, see you Drea." I said.

I hung up. It was 2 in the afternoon.

Seandrea Sledge:

I only had 4 more hours until my shift was over. I worked as a cashier. "Seanie." Dane said.

"Hm?" I said, breaking away from my thoughts.

"What happened to invoice 67?" He asked.

"Deirdre Robinson?" I said.

"Yeah." He said.

"It was voided." I said.

I flipped through the receipt stack. "Invoice for ticket 34?" I asked.

"12." Dane said.

I entered it into the computer and put the receipts back in the cash register.

My back hurt from standing up. "Dane it's time for you to take register. I got the phone." I said, stretching. Something in my arm popped but I didn't feel it. I sat down.

I scrolled through my twitter timeline. People were either ranting about weave or talking about random shit. Mostly weave.

The phone barely ever rang while I worked. Well most of the time I was on twitter.