10) Call It What You Want

Seandrea Sledge:

Dej's been missing for a week now. That meant there was one more week until I saw Shayaa. Honestly on the inside, I was dying to see him.

I woke up on Thursday, knowing I had work. I had missed the whole last week and my boss wasn't having that, even though I didn't make the decision.

I had went to bed early and slept hard. I got up and put my clothes and shoes on. Then I brushed my hair, washed my face and brushed my teeth. The only days I clocked in at 6 pm was Monday's and Tuesday's. Other days I clocked in at nine in the morning. I know, my work schedule was so damn precise.

I had an assload of messages from Brooks (Des, I just decided to start calling him Brooks). He had sent me the link for the remix and tagged me in three posts on Instagram and Twitter.

And now my instagram and twitter were blowing up, most of the people doing that were Brooks' followers.

I had to cut my phone off so the notifications wouldn't drain the battery, since I didn't get to charge it last night, it was at 36%.

I walked out and got in my car and pulled out. I literally had 30 minutes to clock in. When I got in, I rushed to the back office and clocked in. Then I went back up to the front with Dane and took my stand at the register. "I heard that remix and girl, it was fire!" Dane said.

"I got a million comments saying the same thing." I said.

I opened the register and recounted all of the receipt tickets in there. "Invoice for 19." I said.

"1." Dane said.

"1?"

"1."

"How is it one, I thought 17 was one." I said.

Dane clicked around on the computer. "17 is 11, genius." He said.

"Oh," I said feeling stupid.

"I heard your friend went missing." Dane said.

"It was on the news." I said. I had just found out yesterday that if they couldn't find Deja in the next three weeks, they were declaring her 'dead'. And trust me, I didn't want to hear something like that.

I clicked my tongue over and over again as I scrolled through Deja's tweets and Instagram posts. There wasn't any hint of evidence that tied to her being missing. I groaned.

Chy jumped up. "OH, OH!!" She screamed.

I jumped too, scared at her outburst. I'm serious she must've found the most straightforward picture of her and her kidnapper doing whatever they were doing or a tweet from Dej where she was.

"What, what, what is it?" I said.

"Deja just posted three tweets, refresh the page!" Chy said.

I pulled down on the top of the screen to refresh it and sure enough, three new tweets popped up.

"Chy these tweets were from... 81 hours ago. That's almost four days." I said.

"Did you even read them?" Chy said.

"No." I said.

@dreezydreezy & @thadollchy I suggest you stop looking and this ain't Dej

@yhurbitchmani I know you snitched though. I got you.

Dej you couldn't keep your mouth shut, now look at your little friend.

I read the tweets three times over. These tweets didn't make a lot of sense but I still copied and pasted them in my notes. "Okay, I'm done for today, Chy." I said.

"Okay, I guess I'm out. See you later Dre." Chy said.

I got up and hugged her and locked the door behind her. I had a missed call from Shayaa. Jeesh, this nigga called me everyday, but at this moment, he was just the person I needed to talk to.

"Hello?" I said when I picked up.

"You sound sad." He said.

"Yeah, Dej went missing last week and we been tryna find out who with it." I said.

"Oh, damn." Shayaa said.

"When the last time you talked to Dej?" I asked.

"That night when you wouldn't shut up." Shayaa said, chuckling.

"Boy, I told you I get talkative when I'm drunk but did you talk to her anytime after 1:30?" I asked.

"It wasn't exactly her, it was this dude I think. He called my phone while I was sleep. He said 'don't look for Deja if you tryna find her' and just hung up." Shayaa said.

"He just hung up?" I said, trying to repeat the words of the phone call in my head.

"Yeah." Shayaa said.

"Okay, but off the sad confusing mysterious stuff, how your day been going?" I asked.

"Fine. I guess." Shayaa said.

"I guess?" I said.

"My roommate won't get off my dick." Shayaa said.

"Okay." I said in a TMI type of way.

"I need him to pay his part of the rest of the rent and move the fuck out." Shayaa said.

"Well damn, Sha, I ain't even know he was that irritating." I said.

"Well now you know." Shayaa said.

"Well, I just needed to ask you those questions." I said.

"Nooo, wait!" Shayaa whined.

"It's not that serious, you big ass baby. All you have to wait is a week, gee whiz." I said.

"Okay, fine." He said.

I hung up and put my phone down. Then I laid down and took the much needed nap I was trying to get earlier before Chy came in.

When I woke up, my phone was vibrating in my ear. But there was a certain vibration pattern that I set for this person that made me nervous but irritated at the same time.

"Huh?" I said, picking up.

"Who's 21 Savage?" Hakeem said.

"My business." I replied without hesitation.

I knew Hakeem would call me about that sooner or later. "Dre, you really found somebody that fast?" Hakeem said.

"Yes, I did and was that your decision?" I snapped.

"No, but--"

"Exactly, so I don't see why you have a problem with that." I said.

"I don't, I was just asking." Hakeem said.

"Look, it wasn't your choice. None of your business, so is there any other problems you have?" I said.

"No." Hakeem said.

"Okay then." I said, and hung up

Hi y'all.

I honestly don't even know what to write about. I know, I know, I said more twists and they coming.

The gang done got a hint at who got Dej😏

One more week until Dre and Sha meet back up😍

I made up a corny ship name for them: 21 Dreezy 😂😂

But anyways, Hakeem up in Seandrea's business tho??

And Seandrea dying to see Shayaa?

Oh yuppp😝

Okay bye