20) No Hands

Seandrea Sledge:

Now that I was back in my apartment, I could drown Dej's death out of my mind temporarily.

So I did and in less than an hour or so I was rambling on and on about something I can't remember to Chy. Shayaa eventually came over and they were just having a jolly good time laughing at me talking too much. TOO MUCH.

Chy even called Imani, and they were all cracking up with me. If Dej was here, I'd be laughing to, she'd crack a joke every few minutes and have everybody on the floor.

The next morning I opened my eyes (I mean well, duh what else do you do in the morning besides sleep). I had forgotten to close the blinds when I had woken up about nine this morning so the sunlight streamed into my room, practically blinding me.

I had a pounding headache and nausea brewing in my stomach. I got up, shielding my eyes and closing the blinds. I tried to remember the details of last night while walking unsteadily to the bathroom to rid myself of the nausea that was now rising in my stomach.

I threw up, my heaves sounding sickening to my ears. I always drank alcohol, knowing if I got drunk, there would be some shitty outcome. But who was stopping me?

I gargled some mouthwash and checked my phone. Two missed calls from Shayaa, one from Imani and three messages, one from Symere and two from Brooks. None from Dej.

I called Shayaa back and waited for him to pick up. "Yellow." Shayaa said.

"You called me." I said.

"Oh yeah, right. Des said whenever you ready to get up in the studio, you can come this week." Shayaa said.

"Okay. Anything else?" I asked.

"You sound sick." Shayaa said.

"I take it you don't remember what happened last night." I said.

"Oh yeah." Shayaa said.

"Why don't you come over?" He added.

"I guess so, give me five minutes." I said.

"Aight." Shayaa said.

When I got to Shayaa's house something seemed suspicious. Like the fact that the front door to Shayaa's apartment building was broken half way off the hinges so it hung mercifully off the one it had left.

I knocked on Shayaa door and he opened it. "Hey." I said and he let me in.

"Hi woman." He said, wrapping him arms around my waist.

"Woman has a name." I said, looking up at him.

"You mad wise ain't you?" Shayaa said.

"Yeah." I said.

"You know what I want to do?" He said, rocking us side to side.

"What?" I asked.

"You know that no hands tag on instagram and twitter?" He said.

"That's what you want to do?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said.

"I guess so." I said.

He gripped my waist. "Meaning you can't touch my waist, dummy." I said.

"Right. I knew that." Shayaa said.

I kissed him and He kissed me back. We kept our hands interlocked behind our backs. When we started to get deeper into it, out of impulse or something, Shayaa lifted his hands to put around my waist but stopped himself. I did the same.