Day One

(Just a bit of background, the Monsters are moving into a small town/subdivision Y/N cleared out for them with the help of city/government officials and the like. It's a small enough area able to fit about 1-2k people, or in this case Monsters. The area has a kinda small school that Toriel will later open up to teach Monster children at, but Sans Frisk and Y/N will go out of town for their school. It's only 15 minutes away from the house. The big house is just a 2 minute drive from the gate of town. The town includes Grilby's, housing for monsters, the school, a small grocery store next to Grilby's, a bookstore, and a few other essential stores/businesses around the front of town by Grilby's. Enjoy deh story.)

(Yeah, Hi, Sorry. Just a bit more clarification, I started re-writing this story to make it more clean and readable and stuff, but then promptly gave up, so if the flow between chapters is weird and it goes from one writing style to another, that's just because I haven't revised/edited those chapters yet. Sorry, I don't know if I'll ever finish re-writing this.)

Despite the chilly weather of winter melting into spring, today's weather is comfortable. The wind blows just the right amount, and every so often the sun peaks through the clouds, shining it's rays down on New New Home, recently renamed after the homes the monsters inhabited underground. They aren't very creative with naming, I have to admit that. Twirling the keys to my motorbike around my index finger, I lounge against the propped up bike, waiting to meet the new inhabitants of New New Home. They're only slightly late, but nonetheless as the wind blows through the empty and abandoned streets of town I grow slightly worried. Perhaps they were injured on their journey from Mount Ebott, ambushed by some of the more aggressive ones of the anti-Monster immigration movement. There were plenty of outspoken people who already came to me, begging not to allow these creatures to invade "their Earth''. Of course, I turned them away, but that doesn't stop them from taking action against the unsuspecting Monsters. The stress of worrying for them almost makes me regret taking part in assisting with the Monster's immigration. All worry is washed away as Frisk, the little rascal, runs up to the locked gate of New New Home and waves ecstatically at me.

"(Y/N)! So sorry we are late," King Asgore states as he approaches the gate next to Frisk.

"No problem at all, King fluffy butt. Bigger group than you came with last time, you'll have to introduce me." I smile at him, walking to the keypad next to the gate in order to unlock it and let Frisk, the King, a few monsters I recognize along with some I don't into town. Frisk runs through the gap as soon as it's big enough and wraps their arms around my middle, squeezing tight. I squeeze back just as hard and mumble "No more running away," to them, kissing their temple softly. They pull back to sign "I missed you", to which I smile and say I missed them too.

Hand on their shoulder, I walk the both of us towards the King and Toriel who stands next to him now that the gate is open. I greet her with a hug and shake Asgore's large paw. Six more monsters approach, but remain in a group hidden behind their three leaders. I smile and nod at one particularly grim looking skeleton, but he just shakes his head and looks away, mumbling something I cannot make out. Frowning slightly, I turn to Asgore and Toriel again.

"How about we get out of this cold and into somewhere warm. I cleaned up that old grill bar you said one of your friends asked for, so we can head in there." I gesture no more than two buildings down to where the bar is located, and Asgore leads the way. Waiting until everyone is ahead of us, Frisk and I take up the back and sign excitedly back and forth, talking about their adventures between the few weeks since they had first emerged from the Underground. The grim skeleton from before glances back frequently at us, keeping their eyes glued on Frisk, as if they're worried for them. Papyrus, the taller skeleton who I'd met a week before puts his hand on the skeleton's back and whispers something to him which makes him stop glancing at us for the time being. As we enter the building, a fire type monster with bright orange and quite strikingly beautiful flames nods gratefully at me before rushing behind the counter and exploring the facility. Frisk signs to me '"That's Grilby, the owner of the underground's famous 'Grilby's'. He's excited to have a bar to work at again." I smile and nod, then take a seat at a large circular table with the rest of my guests.