Chapter 8- Sorrow

Aphmau's POV:
I sat in the middle of a meadow with my eyes closed. The cold grass tickled my feet with its gentle touch. The heat of the sun keeping me warm during this summer.

After walking away with the hybrid, I had brought him to a meadow where I go for some alone time. No one really knows about this place, and the people who do usually respect my wishes.

A sigh escaped my mouth as I had thought of what has happened in the past while. "Hey hybrid? I never caught your name ye-" I started while opening my eyes but cut myself off after I realized he wasn't in sight.

"Hybrid?"

He must've ran away...I thought. I assumed that he was frightened by me, but he has every right to be. The hybrid doesn't know that I'm one of his kind and considering what had just played out, he probably doesn't have much of a liking towards humans.

Slowly, I stood up and made my way towards my village. I really didn't want to go back there, since I was kind of angry at most of my villagers, but I'm still the lord.

Finally, I had reached Phoenix drop and I climbed over the walls, not bothering to wait for someone to open the gates. I was making my way towards my destination, my house, until I was rudely interrupted by a warm hand gripping my arm.

Angrily, I spun around and glared at whoever took ahold of my arm, until I saw that it was Dante. I wasn't mad at him because I could see the regret in his eyes as Garroth and Laurance were hurting the poor hybrid.
Also, I can tell that he wishes for a world where hybrids and humans live in harmony, much like me and my crew. The only thing is that he isn't a hybrid, so I am wondering why he has a liking towards hybrids.

"Aphmau- I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for what happened earlier. You obviously want to defend hybrids, and I do too. Only I was afraid that people would get mad at me for protecting so called 'monsters'" the blue haired guard said, with an apologetic look on his face.

The only reaction I gave him was a small smile and hug to say thank you. When I pulled away, I saw that he seemed to be thinking of he was going to do something.

As i turned around to start and walk away, my wandering was cut short by the voice of Dante ringing through my ears.

"Wait- Aph, can I tell you a secret that you promise you will no one else about?" He asked me. I spun back around to face him and nodded, interested in what secret he could be keeping.

"Well-I-Uh- There's a big reason why I want to protect hybrids. I want to protect them because....because my sister was a hybrid. Because of that, I learned a lot about hybrids and grew up with the impersonation that hybrids are just misunderstood and most couldn't even hurt a fly.
But one day, I was just taking a stroll in the forest until we heard he sound of footsteps and lots of yelling. Without time to react, a group of men ran into our sight and-" Dante cut himself off and hesitated to continue as tears pricked the edges of his eyes.

"-and one of them held me back as the others attacked my sister. I-I struggled in his grip but he was too strong and I was just a little kid. It...it was so horrible. One of the men stabbed my sister with a really big looking sword, and all I could do was watch.

They wouldn't let me go until they made sure she was dead, then all I did after that was cry over her dead body. I had asked why they did it, but all they said was that they were protecting me- that all hybrids were dangerous beasts.

I-I didn't save her when I could have...I was just too weak that-" Dante kept saying but he cut himself off at the end with tears pouring down his face.

I gave him a sympathetic look and engulfed him in a tight hug. "What's in the past stays in the past, there wasn't anything you could do at the time.

Sometimes, people leave us and we're not able to do anything about that, but that's just normal. All you need to know is that you had good memories with her and that you tried your best to save her.

Just keep striving forward and doing things she might have wanted as respect." I said, trying to comfort him. Soon enough, his crying was leveled down to just quiet sobs and then to only silence.

"Thanks Aphmau...and sorry for wasting your time with my stupid past." Dante said glumly, then walked away leaving me with no time to respond.

A feeling of sorrow for Dante washed over me, thinking of all the pain he felt with topics of hybrids and family.

Maybe I could tell him I'm a hybrid...I can tell that I can trust him so...I'm gonna have to ask the crew about that one.

My head looked up to the now dark sky before I walked to my house, just so I can gather up some things and leave back to the place I always find myself going. Back to the forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hahah- hey guys....been a long time and I don't have any excuses. BLAME YOUTUBE AND POKEMANZ OKIE?
Well merry late Christmas :D! I would've made a Christmas special buuuttt....too late and too lazy.
Also, before I asked for a ship and the winner is....

Skymau! Yey! Sorry for all you peoples who don't like when Aph is shipped with people, I dunno why but I just feel the need to add in a ship. Plus apparently Mithross is also a ship that we might have, even tho I never asked for that XD. The power of Mithross is just too strong.

Welp anyways, that's all I gotta say so peace out my pineapples!

Ps: HOW DA HECK DID I END UP WITH 1K VIEWS?!?! I MEAN SERIOUSLY-THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYBODY!! I might do something special but I dunno so...if you could comment something I could do there is a chance I may do it.
Thanks and bai