Chapter 5

"Deep curtsies girls." the girl said who I later figured out was Silvia. I rolled my eyes while Raelle was trying to perfect
her curtsy.

"Am I doing it right? It feels so weird." Rae turns to be.

"Try to not sit backward and curtsy forward instead." I instruct whole curtsying myself.

"You've got it down perfect and I'm like a goose." She replies a little down but still laughing at herself a little.

"Your fine I promise." I smile.

"Lady Raelle! Walk in and curtsy then take a seat beside the last Selected." Rae turns frightened at her harshness and quickly walks into the Great Room while her dress slowly sways. After she goes I'm instructed to walk in.

It's awkward because every other girl but Tina is already seated. Tina still waits outside with her last name, Yang.

I can see every girl is still giggling from some unspoken event, but when I walk in everything quiets. I can see Prince Alex smirking for only a split second before I curtsy. Maybe it was too long but I took my time surveying the royal family. Princess Adeline squirmed a bit in her seat, but seemed to enjoy all of the girls. She was only seven and I can't imagine anything more lonely then being seven with only three brothers, in which one was always busy with whatever princes actually do.

On the other hand Todd and Toby were giggling about something that Toby had said. They are both five last time I checked.

"Lady Charlie." Someone had said introducing me a little late as I walked to my seat.

"Char!" Rae whisper shrieked as I sat down. Shed caught onto my nickname early through our relationship. "I fell."

"What?" Her face was bright pink.

"You stumbled, Raelle, relax." One of the girls beside her told her. Her name was Karolyn Bridle and I think she was a Four.

"The prince couldn't stop laughing." She said close to tears. "I don't think I'll be sent home for this right?"

"Karolyn is right you just need to relax." I tell her.

"Hi Charlie." Karolyn bends around. "You can call me Kara though."

"You can call me Char or Charlie I don't really care." I smile. Karolyn smiles but then all our heads turn as the whole room quiets and Prince Alex stands.

"Nice to meet all of you lovely ladies." He says. "After breakfast if you will wait in the Women's Room and I will pull each of you out for a small conversation."

Some girls seem thrilled with the fact, but I on the other hand did not want to talk to the prince until I was sure he'd forget last night.

"Enjoy." He said motioning outward a little. I looked at the food and it almost made me sick. I didn't each much for dinner last night afraid it would all come up in the next hour or so. But now everything looked so good.

I imagined the rest of my family here including the Eights. They all would stare at the food and Paisley would finally speak up.

"Could we eat now please?" She'd ask in a plead.

"Hey Char, could you pass the salt?" Rae asks me and points past me. Tina had sat across from me so I was on the edge, but there was much more space near the end of the table.

"Yeah definitely." I smile.

"Why aren't you eating yet?" Rae asks me.

"I'm just not very hungry right now." Lies. I'd pushed away hunger for so long it's hard to bring it to my attention.

"No offense but weren't you a Six? Shouldn't you be eating as much as possible? Please don't take offense to that." She begs me.

"None taken." I smile but don't answer her question. I scoop a small about of fruit onto my plate and collect two pancakes with a little claw like thing then grab one strawberry tart.

After I'd devoured the fruit it only made me more hungry, so I ate the pancakes. I felt fine. Perfect if i must admit. I was perfect, at least until I took a bite out of the strawberry tart. The sweetness seemed like too much and I almost regurgitated it on the spot.

I shake my head and close my eyes.

"Char you alright?" Rae asks me and puts a hand on my arm. I quickly nod my head and feel tears sting my eyes.

I push my chair back and stand up. "Please excuse me." I curtsy- though not very low- to the royal family before half running- now much more confident in my heels- out of the Great Room.

I fall up the stairs, tripping on my dress and twisting my ankles. I barely have time to burst into my room and into the bathroom before I vomit in the toilet.

"My lady!" I think it was Tailor, but I wasn't sure for a while. She runs over to me and holds my hair up tightly.

"I'm sorry." I say crying. And turning away from the toilet.

"No need no need." Tailor says. "Don't cry, dear." She says grabbing a tissue and blotting under my eyes. "What happened Miss?"

"I just ate too much but I really need to get back now." I tell her. "I'm sure I'll be back soon." I don't know what I mean by that but I walk out of the room, checking myself once I. The mirror before leaving.

I walk back into the Great Room and all eyes turn to me. I curtsy- still not very deep- and walk back to my seat.

"Are you already Char?" Raelle asks me quietly.

"I'll be okay." I force a smile. She smiles back but she's unsure.

"Now that everyone is close to finished, I will start pulling people out." The prince tells us. "Let's start with Lady Jubillee."

One after another after another he took us out. Some stayed longer than others and some came in almost at the same time they left.

"Lady Charlie." I hold my breath at that. I stand and curtsy before I walk out the door. Raelle walks out the same time I'm walking in seemingly happy. We share a smile for a minute and she nods mouthing, good luck. 

Worry struck me like a lightning bolt, but it never went away