Thirty One|Birthday Party

Zacznij od początku

It knocked on the front door suddenly, making both Yessi and I jumped in surprise. Yessi opened the door and Breanna and Ciara came in.
"Happy birthday Unnie!!" They yelled a and hugged me tight.
"I c-can breath!" They quickly stopped hugging me and I took a deep breath. "Thanks."
"Okey Rebecca unnie. Leave us." Yessi said and pointed at the door.
"What?"
"You need to leave so we can have a surprise party for you."
"But what's the surprise? I already know about it." I said.
"Yeah but at least act surprised when you come back." She pushed me out off the house and closed the door in my face. So rude!
I knocked on the door and Bre opened it.
"When can I come back?" I asked her.
"Give us 2 hours." She answered and closed the door again.

I walked away from the my house and walked to the bubble tea shop near by. I just love bubble tea, I think I have tasted all the flavors In the shop now and my favorite is coconut. And as soon I got there I bought on and a small cake, I sat down on and looked at my phone. I had Taehyung's number up, not sure if I should call him or not.
"It's been a whole day.. and not even a single text." I sighed heavily. "Just one call." I pressed his number and waited for him to answer but it went to voicemail. His phone was off, he never turns it off.
Something is definitely wrong!

"Rebecca?" I heard a manly voice say. I looked up from my phone and saw Mark in front of my table. "What are you doing here?"
"Oh hi Mark, I got kicked out." I answered.
"I was just about to go to your place, because of the party."
"Yeah I figured that out. Wanna keep me company?" I asked.
"Yeah sure." He sat down in front of me and smiled.
"What's with the face? Are people supposed to be happy on their birthday?"
"It's nothing.." I took a bit of the cake.
"Rebecca, talk to me. Is it Taehyung?" I slightly nodded.
"It feels just wrong, like something happened to him and he can call me. Call me paranoid or whatever but something is wrong." I said. Mark tilted his head to the side and gave me a small smile. "I believe you Rebecca. Taehyung is a good kid and he wouldn't do something like this."
"Thank you.. here have some cake." I slide the cake over to the middle so he could eat from it too.
"So wanna tell me something about yourself?"
"Huh? Okey like what?"
"Why is your Korean so good?" He asked and eat from the cake.
"Oh yeah I haven't told you.. I'm adopted so I learned Korean from my parents obviously."

"Do you know anything about your real parents?"
"Yeah they died in a car accident when I was 2 and apparently I'm Swedish, that all I know."
"Huh it's terrible what happened but I'm actually happy it did.." I looked up at him confused. "If that didn't happened, we wouldn't have meet each other, that's why I'm happy." Mark explained.
"Oh yeah your right."
"Wanna tell me something else?" He asked.
"I can speak Chinese. I learned it in high school." I said and smiled.
"What! You know Chinese, me too!" Mark said happy. "Let's see how good you are." He said in Chinese and smirked.

***
2 hours had past and Mark and I where on our way home. After I told him I could speak Chinese we talk only in Chinese.
"Look we're here." I said and stopped walking. There where a few cars around the house and I heard loud music.
"Ah nice." Mark said and I knocked on the door. And surprisingly Jackson opened it.
"Hey Rebecca! Hey Mark!" He said.
"Hi Jackson." We walked inside and Jackson closed the door.

"Is Vivi here?" Mark asked.
"On the dance floor." Jackson answered him.
"Thanks." He looked at me. "Come." Mark took my hand and dragged me to the living room. I looked back at Jackson, he looked suspicious at me.
"Look The birthday girl is here!" YuGyeom yelled as soon he saw me. Everyone else looked my way and smiled.
"Happy birthday Unnie!" Nia yelled over the music, she ran too me and hugged me. "Here this is from me and Jackson, hope you like it."
She gave me a small box and I gladly expected it. "Thank you Nia."
"Becca don't open it yet, I want you to open all your gifts at the same time." Yessi and took the gift and placed it in a table filled with presents.