Chapter 34: Complication and Miscommunications

"It's just so complicated." Aphmau cried.

By now, her loudest crying had already passed, but it was left with sniffles and ugly sobs.

"I...I want to tell you guys. I really do. But the truth...it hurts." Aphmau sniffled.

"Hey hey, it's okay. You really don't have to be forced into anything." Aaron said, patting her back reassuringly.

"Aaron~Kun is right Aphmau~Senpai, Aphmau~Senpai doesn't have to tell if she feels uncomfortable about it!" Kawaii~Chan agreed.

"Aph, it's okay." Katelyn muttered, pulling the girl into a short, sisterly hug before letting her go. "I didn't mean to make you cry or anything, it's just-"

"No, no. You had every right to ask me Katelyn." Aphmau interrupted the blue haired girl. "I was being suspicious. I was being distant. And...I wasn't-"

She stopped herself.

Wasn't telling the truth...

She tried talking, but the words clogged in her thoat.

It was like somebody wasn't letting her talk...

***

Matron wasn't sure what was going on.

It was black.

Oh god.

Not this again.

She couldn't take this.

No. No. No, no.

She didn't want to be stuck again, she didn't want to be alone again... (Me: >3< *gives you nonexistent hug*)

Then, it was light.

Beautiful light let her see again...

...

She didn't feel him.

Vincent wasn't here...

She...wasn't sharing a mind with him...?

No, instead, another presence entered itself and connected with her.

"H...hello?" The other presence spoke.

It was a young girl.

A familiar young girl.

Matron found herself looking at a short, black haired girl with sparkling eyes.

Jess.

...

=)

This was going to be fun.

***

Aphmau gasped.

"Aph-?" Katelyn waved a hand in front of the girl, but Aphmau wasn't listening.

Ugh, she was so stupid!

How had she not seen it before?!

Right in front of her, on the table that proudly centered the couches, was a small, shiny, top hat.

Adam's hat...

If she could somehow get it to him, he wouldn't have to go the meeting like...how he currently was...

But she didn't have time to sit through and explain to her friends the truth, then get the hat to Adam afterward.

By then, questions would consume more time, and Katelyn's third night would begin, leaving her without any plan to keep her away from the place.