Chapter 6

Days came and went, Rhys had officially moved into Jack's house. With the assistance of the alpha and Vaughn of course, Yvette had watched- supervised in her words- and they managed to transfer his belongings from one place to the other.

It was after that when they knew they had to tackle another occurrence. Angel. While young, she was old enough not to be glued to a parental figure but with Rhys it was all she seemed to be able to do.

Jack had taken a moment to devise a way to help the situation and slowly Angel had begun to slow down in her clingy nature. Jack and Rhys had helped her transition by giving her time to lay with Rhys every night. They called it their bonding time; she would curl up in Rhys' arms for a good hour, sometimes more and just lay there. It helped to stop her from being connected to his hip during the day.

Though there would be times where she would get over protective of Rhys, even towards Jack. She'd do her usual act of curling up on his lap but whenever Jack would try to touch the omega he'd be met with an angry child glaring profusely at him, small hands smacking his own away. Along with that, Rhys had been increasingly getting more sick. It appeared at random times, though most predominantly when he woke up or smelled something off.

Jack had begun to worry about the omega, scared something was drastically wrong with him. Yet each time he mentioned the doctor Rhys would say he had a regular appointment and he'd go then, swiftly changing the topic afterwards. For the life of him, Jack couldn't understand what was going on. Rhys would get done throwing up only to announce he was hungry, then go and make the most horrendous food combinations he'd ever seen.

Jack tried to ignore the feeling in his gut, allowing the omega to continue normally. He allowed Rhys to hang out with Jenny and her mate, he allowed Rhys to continue at work, to do his everyday things, all while Jack felt like the omega should be in bed resting.

Rhys wouldn't admit to feeling down, even when he had bags under his eyes and his body ached. He trudged through it, pushing off his symptoms as nothing more than being sleep deprived and needing to go to bed earlier.

Jack had suggested waning Angel from being so clingy even more so and Rhys had shot him a hurt look.

That night he had found Rhys and Angel curled up on a pile of blankets and pillows. Angel was facing Rhys, curled in towards him, her tiny hands pressed against the omega's stomach as they slept. It was that which made him call up Rhys' doctor, begrudgingly, and ask for his mates appointment to be pushed forward.

The doctor had been confused but easily relented when asked too.

It took Jack a while to get Rhys to agree to be dragged to the doctor's when the new appointment came around. The omega had whined about being fine, eyes darting from side to side until they landed on Angel. She was watching them, wide eyes looking at Rhys with so much adoration.

"If not for me, for Angel Rhys. What if there's something wrong with you?" Jack had challenged.

Rhys had tapped his foot on the ground, lifting his head. He gulped nervously as Angel stood from the couch and went to him wrapping her arms around his long legs.

"You'll be fine, won't you?" Angel asked.

Rhys nodded his head, shoulders drooping as he caved in. His hands laid on his stomach.

"You have two days before the visit." Jack informed triumphantly.

Rhys nodded his head, kneeling down to pull Angel into his arms. In the back of his mind he knew he shouldn't be worried but he was terrified.

•••

The next day Rhys had woken early and went to Jenny's home only leaving a note for a Jack.