Chapter 3

Pandora, Jack's least favorite place. It was home to those dirtier than he deemed even himself to be. He tch'd, rolling his eyes as the vast dirt plains came into view. Business, he was here on business, he had to remind himself to push away the temptation to leave the forsaken hell hole of a place.

If it weren't for the old abandoned Atlas Eridium mines then he wouldn't be there. Yet, advisers had been sticking their noses into his business telling him that they should try to revive the mines and work them for all they're worth. Of course Jack couldn't argue when faced with the possibility of a large sum of cash, he had taken up the idea as his own and had sent out a fraction of workers to start excavating the old work site. He hadn't been expected to get forced into heading down to the shit hole but there he was, bound to set foot onto the ground in less than ten minutes. 

The workers had done their jobs exceedingly fast, probably stressed by the fact that they had been ordered by Handsome Jack himself and not an underling of his. The mines had been reported to be up in running conditions, the machinery that Atlas had left behind had still been in tiptop shape, albeit covered in a fine layer of dirt and dust.

Now Jack had to go down there to check out the whole place and make sure it was worth the expenses. He figured, even if it wasn't they'd still get a bit of money out of it and the cash he'd spent on the project wasn't enough to blink at. So whatever, the mines made would instantly be a profit in his eyes.

Jack wanted to get back to Hyperion, back to his office, back to Rhys. He had left him all by himself with only a simple email at the last second, leaving the company in his hands until he got back. Jack figured he wouldn't be gone that long, what harm could it do. Besides, he knew Rhys was smart, he trusted, well hoped that he would do as expected and would treat each thing as Jack himself would.

A manicured hand tapped Jack's shoulder as a feminine voice announced from behind him that they were arriving and that he should stick close by the guards.

Guards. Jack didn't need guards, he could protect himself all on his own. He wasn't incompetent, to bad everybody was overprotective with him. If Jack didn't consider their over protectiveness as a sign of worship he might have shot a few of them. He didn't like to be coddled by his underlings but as long as they made it like he was walking on a red carpet then so be it.

Jack turned facing the women who was to be his guide of the mines. She was average height, toned and beautiful. Jack wondered what a pretty thing like her was doing being a guide of Pandora. He smirked at her ready to ask her exactly that when the ship lurched, landing on the ground, a cloud of dust surrounded the ship blocking out any sight front the windows. Jack grit his teeth. Who exactly was their driver? He would have to have him replaced before their fly back.

The woman cleared her throat locking eyes with Jack. 

"May I offer a cautionary warning, the mines may be operational but are still dangerous. Toxic fumes have been known to make an appearance and all employees and visitors are asked to wear a mask to keep from breathing them in. When we get their I shall give you your mask sir."

Jack raised an eyebrow at the woman, her eyes were determined and a soft blue.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Angela Marcelo."

Jack hummed eyeing her up, he couldn't smell her with so many people around them so he was left clueless as to what her endotype was but he had a strong feeling it was alpha.

"You good with a gun?" Jack asked patting the gun holstered to his hip.

Angela smirked, eyes sparkling as she flicked her shoulder length mahogany hair over her shoulders.