Chapter 64: Memories

Start from the beginning

Mommy was right. I nodded and let her finish my hair. She walked away and came back with a beautiful red dress.

"Now you look like a princess, Saira."

"I don't want to be a princess. I want to be a general just like daddy!"

"Saira that's enough!"

I didn't say anything. I didn't want to see mommy annoyed. She kissed my cheek and took my hand. We went to the reception hall, where daddy was already waiting.

"Ah, here she is! May I know your name young lady?"

A tall man with grey hair looked down to me. He had a big scar on his left eye.

"What happened to your eye!?"

"Saira!", mommy warned.

"It's alright Kushina. She is just a little girl and curious.", the tall man with scar answered and then he looked at me,"I lost an Agni Kai."

"Agni Kai? You are a firebender? Can you teach me?"

"Of course it would an honour."

"I see you didn't bring along Iroh?"

"Oh I did but only the Almighty knows where he is."

"Aren't you worried? Should I ask someone to look for him?"

"No, Minho. It's fine. Iroh knows Ember Island like his own pocket. Let him enjoy his time. As well as your daughter. I think it's time for you to play now, Milady."

"Thank you!", I bowed and hugged him.

Then I ran out of the mansion to my favourite place, the beach. I had a secret place and opened my hair during my run. I loved the salty air of the sea.

When I reached, I froze. Someone was there in the secret place. In my secret place.
When I climbed up the rock, I could see a boy sitting there. He was holding his hand and seemed to be injured.

"What are you doing here?"

The boy jumped when he heard my voice.

"I was looking for peace."

"Peace?"

"Yes. You won't tell anyone that I'm here, won't you?"

"No. But how did you hurt yourself?"

The boy scratched his head:"I slipped off the rock there."

He showed to the dangerous rocks near the water, where I didn't dare to go. I ripped off a piece of cloth of my dress. I knew mommy won't be happy to see my dress damaged but the boy needed help.

"What are you doing? I'm sure the dress was expensive!"

"It's just a dress.", I smiled,"It can be renewed and changed but not your hand."

"That's really nice of you."

I wrapped the cloth around his palm and noticed that his own clothes were ripped as well.

"What's your name?"

"Let's not tell our names. That will be fun."

"Okay. But I need to call you something."