Chapter 30

"I just got my back from school. Seriously. I hate school. I mean Why? Why do we have to go to school at a horrid time? Is it to help us in the future? Well if so, I gladly reject the offer. Oh wait, I don't have that option. It's not like I'm doing bad at school. I'm not, straight A's all the way. So why mom! WHY CANT I SLEEP FOR 5 MORE MINUTES!"

"Well Mia, it's 7pm, since you already spend quite some time yapping, your 5 minutes are already up!"

"YOU ARE SO--" I yell still groggily.

"I DARE YOU TO FINISH THAT SENTENCE!" My mom counters.

"I-I," I stare at her. "I, love you mommy."

"Thought so." She smirked. "Now, go get ready, we're going to a dinner party to get to know our new co workers at the hospital. And your coming because it'll be a good experience for you."

"Alright." I whine

"Good. Now I got you a dress. Get ready and come down stairs."

"Yes, Yes." I wave her off as she leaves.

Wow, wow, wow, a dress? What dress?

I walk into my closet and there it was. A dress. Since I already took a shower I decided put that thing on.

It was a vanilla colored short sleeved dress. It came down to just a above my knees. It was lacy with small soft flowers. It had a small brown belt around. The back was deep. It went down to a couple of centimeters above my bra strap. Not too shabby, mom. Nice work. I inwardly smiled.

I look at my bed. It's been 3 days since I've seen Jason. Since the last time I saw him. I hope he's okay. Not that I'm worried. Pull it together Mia!
Now, Let's blow this Popsicle stand.
(Madagascar!)

****
As we walked inside the manor of one of the employees. I was engulfed with tons of smiles. I smiled back nervously and my parents' co workers.

"Now go mingle!" My dad said pushing me slightly.

"With who-- oh alright!" I Say.

"I take a seat at the indoor bar. I am so thirsty, I inwardly whine.

"And what can I get for you honey?" A man says. He's a little older than me. Though probably not 21. Maybe 19? He has black hair and cold blue eyes that make you warm. He has a cute smile that makes me smile.

"Um, just a root beer." I mumble.

"Coming up!" He says putting a can of root beer on the table. "This ones on me," he says coming closer "and hopefully you will too."

And he ruined it.

"Oh how nice." I glare grabbing my soda and walking away.

"uuhhhh!" I scream catching some eyes.

"Wanna dance babe?" A voice spoke quietly in my ear behind me.

No I don't want to dance! Why does everyone ask me to dance! You know what? Maybe this guy will be better. I mean if everything was perfect there wouldn't be wars. So I will dance. How do you like that bar dude?

"Um sure!" I smile turning around.

And just like that my smile vanished. My mouth dropped.

"I really didn't think that line would work on you." He smirked.

"H-how, W-why, you. Jason!" I stuttered.

"One and only babe." He smiled.

"I can't believe that you- wait there are more Jasons than you. So technically you can't say that."

Jason looked at me. "What I mean is--."

"No no you can't take back what you say," I cut him off. "besides, technically you just can't."

"Look, all I'm saying is--" he starts.

"Well technically--" I cut him off again.

"you know what, technically bite my ass." He curses.

"I don't think I wanna do that." I say, my face in disgust.

This causes Jason to smirk. "So your saying that you might."

"when did those words come out of my mouth." I retort.

"when you said I THINK I don't want to do that." He smiles at my discomfort.

"what am saying is--"

"TECHNICALLY," Jason says referring to our conversation.

I sigh. "Shut up."

He chuckles. "You didn't even deny it."

I blush. "What are you doing here." I mumble.

His face mixtures in a dark way. His eyes turn cold. His face pales.

"I need your help."

"No thanks."

He grabs my wrist. "Please." He begs. "Your the only person I can ask."

"What is it."

"Common. Get in my car." He says pushing me out the door.

"What? No," I turn to his face, his broken face.

"Alright, let's go."

*******
As we approach a forest, I start to panic.

"Jason, I'm sorry. Please make me swim in the water in there." I say pointing to the forest.

"What the hell?" He laughs. "You really think that's the worst I could do?" He says.

"what do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean, don't you think I would rape you? Or kill you?"

"No, why would you kill me? You don't seem like that."

"Yeah I do. Everyone thinks that. I'm a bad ass. A really bad bad ass." He say parking the car.

"Yea, you're a bad ass. A bad ass the takes care of my snot nosed cousin. Serious bad boy material."

He smiles. "I hope you'll always think of me that way."

"okay. Your being weird. What are we doing here?" I ask. Getting out with Jason.

"I want to show something." He says as we walk into the forest. Since it's dark all spooky noises were surrounding is. The owls the leaves crackling. All of it.

He brings me around and finally he stops.

"Um what now?" I ask looking at him.

He points behind me and there's a lump on the ground. It was I hard to see.

"what the hell is that?" I ask pointing to it.

"It's Gabby."

"Huh?"

"She's dead."