Chapter 47

SORRRRRRRRRRYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

*************

Drip Drip Drip.

Drop.

Drip Drip Drip.

Drop.

I stared out the window of the ship, leaning my head on its cold glass.

"So..." I trail off.

Nothing.

"Right." I breath. "So, are you ready to tell me, or?"

Jason snaps out of his trans and looked at me for a second.

"Kyle's in the kitchen. Just wait till he comes out."

"...Right." I nod.

As if on cue, Kyle walks out of the kitchen part of the ship with 3 cups of tea for each of us.

Drip drip drip.

I looked at the gloominess of the sky.

I looked at my friends.

The gloominess is sure as hell fitting.

"What we did--or well, what I did." Jason corrects himself. "Is the worst mistake of my life."

Kyle sucks in a deep breath.

"..right." I usher him to go on.

"The queen, was my great grandmother. I was given false information which made me act out of emotion. I thought to save my world, I'd have to kill my great grandmother, a did. Because I stupidly thought to help the greater good of muerte, I did."

"You...what?"

"I killed."

I gasp. "But It's not even you're fault though. You were given false information?"

"It doesn't mater Mia!" Jason screams. "I'm the one who killed an innocent woman because I was blinded by lies! It was by my hand that she was murdered. To make matter worse, Kyle was dragged into it because of my idiocy!"

I was speechless. "Well, we all knew you were dumb." I say softly, smiling a bit.

Kyle blinks rapidly with his mouth ajar.

Jason smirks. "Never fail to insult me, aye?"

"I mean, why not--did you just say aye?"

Jason turned a shade of red that I've never seen before. His cheeks became a tinted pink and his eyes were covered with embarrassment.

And right then, even in the twisted stories that were unfolding, I started laughing my ass off.

"S-Shut up." Jason stutters causing my to laugh all over again. "Stupid human." 

"Oh right." I say catching my breath. "Cause the demon thing is the epitome of normal."

"Yeah actually." Jason smirks.

I give him a bored look, quickly shaping into a smirk. "I mean to the ordinary people."

"I am ordinary."

I clutch my hand over my heart mockingly. "I'm here to break it to you, no you're not." 

"Humans are oblivious and ignorant creatures. Of course to them I'm "abnormal"" he says, air quoting.

"Ah." I say. "However, ignorance is bliss. Some are fortunate of that." I say referring to myself.

Jason's pained expression was plastered on his face.

"I-I'm so sorry."

I was taken a back at this statement.

"Yeah well, can't say I never had an an adventure now."

"Damn straight." Jason says with a grin that's a rare sight to see. His pearly white teeth was illuminated in the moonlight of the ship. His eyes crinkled as he laid this adorable expression of pure joy.

"Jason!" I laugh with the same amount of enthusiasm he had.

"Yeah?" He laughs.

"Quit smiling. It's creepy." I say, repeating the same phrase he ways says to me.

And then almost immediately he quits smiling.

"One could say the thought of Jason murdering would tone down the enthusiasm of the room, but with you Mia, I'm always surprised." Kyle says, with a dark expression I couldn't quite understand. "One might also say that you don't quite understand the severity of the consequences Jason and I have displayed in our years. Despite my being angelic and Jason being demonic, you still feel as though you are an equal with all creatures of Muerte. We are the nicer ones Mia, we are murders yet we, are the nicer ones. So instead of making jokes and giggling with the limited amount of happiness you have until the supernatural world as we know it goes into utter chaos, try to understand the consequences of your nonchalant attitude."

I rapidly blinked to try to evade the inevitable tears, but as always, no dice.

My body shook with anger, but I refused for it to get the better of me.

"Kyle," I calmly start. "You're an angel, he's a demon and I'm human. As you see, I am desperately out of place. Also, I'm aware that my time of happiness is limited as does everyone aboard this ship. I'm well aware that this could possible be my last days of even being alive--"

"Mia." Jason sighs. "That's not going to happen."

I hold my hand out ushering him to stop.

"However, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me enjoy the last stands because, Kyle, I may die not because of my doings but because of you two's.

"How long are you going to put that over our heads love?" Kyle says with a distressed look on his face.

His face.

I look closer at his face, noticing the dark under eye circles and the fatigue that was clearly caused by stress.

I sigh, "I'm sorry. I know I sound like--"

"A bitch?" Jason remarks.

"A bit annoying." I continue on, rolling my eyes. "And I know it can come across--"

"Bitchy?"

"Thank you Jason. Now heres an idea. How about you shut the fuck up so I can finish."

"Really not helping the with the while 'bitch' thing Mi." Jason says laughing.

I stare at Jason and muster up the most nasty stare I can do. "I hate you."

Kyle smirks. "I highly doubt that." He smiles secretly.

I squint my eyes.  "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear what you said."

Jason had a confused expression glued to his face. "What?"

"Nothing." I almost yell.

"Nothing." Kyle says at the same time with a sing-song voice.

"Go to hell Kyle." I roll my eyes.

"Ah love. Speaking of that, we're here."

And immediately, the ship stopped moving.

"Here we go." Jason says standing up.

I close my eyes.

Here we go.