Thirteen. Electricity and Fire

Start from the beginning

Reluctantly I turned the shower off and pulled back the curtain.  I stepped out onto the chilled bathroom floor and quickly wrapped the towel around my waist.  The warmth in the shower was making the air in the bathroom feel frigid and I wanted nothing more than to hurry out into the room and put on my clothing.  I pulled the bathroom door open and froze on the spot.

“Wh…what are you…..why are you in here?” I stuttered as I took in the sight of Harry and quickly tried to cover my chest.  I grabbed the shirt that was on top of my bag and held it over my top while I clung tightly to the towel around my waist.

“I’m sorry.  I just…..just needed some clothes.  I didn’t hear the shower stop.” He reached into his drawers, obviously still filled with some of his clothing for whenever he visited his parents, and pulled a shirt out all the while never taking his eyes off me; off my nearly naked frame.

Our breathing was labored, like we both just ran a marathon.  This was the first time in a very long time that we have been this close while all but unclothed.  It was at that thought that I really noticed him.  I noticed his bare chest and the gym shorts that rested low on his hips.  I noticed the muscles chiseled into his abdomen.  I notice the way his biceps flexed due to the tension and nervousness in the room.

We stood there, in silence, not removing our eyes from one another.  He appeared to be getting closer.  The gap between us was closing.  I watched as he slowly took steps towards me.  With each step that he took forward, I took one back.  This went on until I was against the wall and could no longer inch away from him.

I closed my eyes and dropped the shirt I was holding.  I was aware of his every move and even though all I saw was the black from inside my closed lids, I could feel him, feel his presence all around me.  My breathing became faster.  And soon I felt the familiar current of his fingers touching my arm; that current running up my body.

I was soon able to feel his breath and the warmth of his body was a welcome feeling to sooth the chills that were running up my spine, also caused by him and our closeness. 

“Niall” He whispered as his finger tips ran up my arms, across my shoulders and up my neck.  They finally stopped when his hands were rested on either side of my face.

I placed my hands on his hips and dropped my head to rest my forehead against his chest.  I felt him slightly push his waist into me.  I could feel him through the fabric of his shorts and as much as I was trying to keep myself calm, the electricity and fire between us began to arouse me and with one more slight tilt of his hips our ever growing members were pressed tightly together.

His hands left my face and traveled down over my back while I stayed with my hands on his waist and my head on his chest, still trying to maintain some distance.  And when a slight moan left my lips I froze.  I stopped breathing.  Time stood still.  I can’t be doing this.  I can’t allow him to have this effect on me.  I have to push him away.  I have to stop this.

“Stop, Harry.  Please.” I spoke at a level that was barely audible.  “Please” I begged softly.  I felt his head dip down and rest into the crook of my neck.

“It’s always going to be here Niall.  This….this thing between us.  Our attraction to one another will never go away.  Niall, we…you and me…that’s all I want.  This feeling won’t go away and I know you know that.  Let us be good together again.  Let us have this.”  His lips ghosted along my collar bone and rested at the top of my shoulder.