Chapter 1

Copyright © 2016

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

********************************

"Drink up bitch" my friend Jess yelled passing me a freshly poured cup of vodka and pineapple. I laughed grabbing and drinking it down without any hesitation. Once I put the cup down I was grabbing her hand and going to the dancefloor. Been so long since I let go and just partied thanks to my hectic work schedule. But, once I found a free weekend, I took it happily.

We instantly started dancing not even knowing the song name but, the beat was life. It continued like that for a fews songs then we made it back to our booth courtesy of Jess' boyfriend working there. I rolled my eyes seeing Barbara and Eric still making out. I don't even understand why they come out, this was all they did. 

Just as we sat down a bottle service girl came over passing us a bottle of champagne. "This was sent from the couple over there" she stated smiling. I looked over to a woman with dark brown loose wavy hair looking over waving as the guy next to her had a straight face. I looked at the bottle girl confused "What?" "They bought this for you"

I looked back over to her wondering if maybe I knew her from somewhere but, nothing came to mind. I don't think I met either of them ever. "Did they say why?" I asked and she shook her head "Nope paid for it and requested it be bought to you" Jess came next to me "You know them?" I shook my head. "I don't think so" "Well it's for you, might as well take it" she said and I shrugged. "I guess" I stated looking back over to them talking.

"I'll be back" I said taking the bottle and passing it to Jess. "Thank you" I said smiling and she nodded walking back through the crowd as I headed over to them. Maybe I met her somewhere? Maybe I went to school with her. I would feel so bad if I didn't remember her. But, I should thank them atleast. Bottle of champagne was almost a hundred dollars here, nothing I would be sending to stranger though.

I sighed thinking of how to do this as I walked over and once she saw me coming, she smiled hitting the guy next to her making me a bit nervous. Felt like I was walking down a runway and hoping I wouldn't trip or fall or something worse but, thankfully I didn't. She got up from the couch smiling hard. She was gorgeous wear a short black sleeveless dress.  Kinda of looked like a model which made me question even more why she sent the bottle.

"Hi" I said smiling hoping she would start this convo or something. Maybe she would say something hinting at where we knew each other. She looked back to him and he nodded. "Hey, how are you?" "I'm good, what about you?" I asked trying to act casual "We're good over here. Wasn't sure if I needed to send another bottle or just come by to get your attention" She laughed and I joined her.

"I was so confused when she brought that over. Thank you though..." "Not a problem sweetie. Happy you came over we were... hoping you would could talk for a second" She made no indication of knowing me and I didn't know how to even bring it up. Fuck it.

"Do I know you guys from somewhere? I'm sorry, I've been trying to remember if i've ever seen you somew-" She shook her head laughing "Oh no. We don't. Is that why you were looking all nervous?" I joined her laughing again "I thought you knew me and I just couldn't remember or something. Ugh I feel so much better now" I laughed relieved but, now even more confused. Why was I here?

She grabbed my hand pulling me over to the couch as I looked over to him. I froze for a second meeting eyes. He looked me over then gave me smirk showing his dimples. I was more focus on his eyes. Were they green or hazel. Either way they were nice, pair of eyes that you would remember.