Is it really a time for cheer?

Mark's P.o.v
------------------

"How many days have we been in the game?" Zoe asks suddenly adding a few logs to the fire in front of us. We had all taken refuge in a old broken down hospital. (This must have been a main point when it was a regular game). "About a week maybe. The time in video games are longer so it seems like only a day since it hasn't gotten any darker." Anti says. "So it's the 24th?" Alfie asks. "Around that time yes." Anti says. "I feel like I should be at home with my family getting ready for my family to come over." Phil says grinning. "Christmas. Is it really time for cheer for us?" I say suddenly. I hadn't wanted to say it. "Just because of this doesn't mean anything." Zoe says.

'Jingle bells jingle bells.  Jingle all the way. oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh' Chara sang softly.

  'Jingle bells. Jingle bells. Jingle all the way. Oh, what fun. It is to ride. In a one-horse open sleigh' Zoe joins Chara smiling.

  'Dashing through the snow. In a one-horse open sleigh. Through the fields we go. Laughing all the way.' Juniper and Kat sing leaning closer to Chara and Zoe.

  'Ha ha ha! Bells on bobtail ring. Making spirits bright. What fun it is to ride and sing. A sleighing song tonight." Cry and Phil join making it louder.

The singing echoing throughout the hospital.

'Jingle bells. Jingle bells. Jingle all the way. Oh, what fun. It is to ride. In a one-horse open sleigh'   Dan and Anti sang.

Everyone was singing now. Except me... I felt that there was a reason I was not happy at this moment. I just couldn't pinpoint it.

'Now the ground is white. And the night is young. Take the sleigh tonight." Everyone sang in unison.

I put my hand on my head.

'And join us in this song. Just get a bobtailed bay. Get ready for a run. Then hitch him to a sleigh. And now we'll have some fun!' They finished quite loudly.

"Ah! Looks like Mark is being a Grinch!" Anti's Irish accent filled my ears. "Yeah! Why aren't you happy Mark?" Alfie asks. Suddenly my hand flew to my knife. Before I knew what was happening I plunged the knife deep into Alfie's chest. Zoe shrieked covering her mouth with her hands. "MARK WHY?" Cry yelled attempting to pull me off of Alfie. A dark chuckle escaped my lips. I took my knife and slash it through the air. Narrowly missing Cry. "MARK!" Juniper screams. She jumps forward and before she could say anything. A knife went through her chest. I saw a small girl her hair in two pony tails on side white and the other black she wore a old looking Lolita dress. She pulled the knife out and stabbed Juniper repeatedly. A odd gurgle escaped the girl's lips. A terrified scream comes from her little sister. The young girl I felt oddly drawn to. She turns around and slashes her knife menacingly. Everyone ran except me and the girl. I loom over the barely alive Alfie. "m-ma-rk  w-why." He whimpers helplessly. "Marks not here anymore." I say. My voice was oddly distorted and low my body moving to it's own accord. I reel back and viciously bring the knife down on Alfie's chest.

-------------

Happy Christmas everyone! I wish you a safe and happy holidays!

~Xoxo Aria