1.1

Tell her a story.
Tell her the honest truth
You treat her better.
Make sure to see it through
Don't be just everything she wants
Be everything she needs

|A week later|

♝B R O C K♝

"Tell me about the first time you met Nicole?" Dwayne asked.

"This isn't therapy. I'm not going to talk about my feelings with you." I said.

"As your best friend, I demand you to open up and tell me the truth. 'Are you in love with Nicole' cause Brock I can smell the love chemicals pouring out of you?" Dwayne said, causing John to laugh.

"More like a lovesick puppy," John added.

"How is telling you that going to help me? Shouldn't you be asking about why I -" I was interrupted by Dwayne.

"Why I can't tell her I love her and want to marry her?" Dwayne said.

"Who said I wanted to marry her?" I asked.

"So you don't want to marry her?" John asked.

"I can't even get her notice that I want to be more than friends, so getting married is not going to happen," I replied.

"Wow, I thought my relationship with Nikki had issues," John said.

"Dude, you don't want to marry her, but you'll give her kid. Does that make sense to you because to me, it doesn't." Dwayne said.

"Hey, let's focus on the real problem here. Brock, how are you going to win, Nicole?" John said.

"How do you win a woman who has everything?" Dwayne asked.

"You make her a mother. Oh, wait, I already did." I said.

"Oh, by the way, Congratulations on the twins," John said.

"Thanks, I didn't think I would have so many kids," I said.

"You're going to have what seven kids in total. Brock, you sure know how to keep busy." Dwayne said.

"Do I have to remind you how the twins got here?" I asked.

"Let's see if I remember this correctly; A routine clinic visit flips Nicole's life upside down. Inseminated by a specimen meant for a patient in the next room but changes her mind, now-pregnant Nicole is shocked when she finds out the man she dislikes is the father of her unborn child." Dwayne answered.

"Damn, you know Brock, you would make a ton of money if you turn your story into a movie," John said.

"Thanks, John. I'll let you know when I want to start production." I said.

"Oh, Brock, how I love the sarcasm but seriously, man up and tell her you love her and want to be with her 'foreva' like Cardi B said," John said.

"First of all, you need to stop letting Nikki make you watch those reality shows, and yeah, what john said is correct," Dwayne said.

"I said I love you to her, but I don't think she caught it, plus, she said it first," I said.

"What if she did. That means you didn't tell her how you loved her. Why couldn't you, Brock? You already confessed; what's one more thing to add going to do." John replied.

"I don't know how I Love her!" Brock barked. "Why must she know so much? Is it not enough that I told her I love her? I was satisfied when she told me she loved me. She didn't even have to tell me, I've always assumed, but I didn't demand a printed breakdown of that love! Or pressure her to open up more." Brock mentally smacks himself when he sees the delight in Dwayne's and John's faces.

"So if you love her, and she loves you. What's the problem? Are you scared that if you let her in, she would betray you? Are you scared she would do what Rena did to you?" Dwayne asked.

It dawned on Brock that's maybe why he is afraid to risk it. He was never scared with Rena. Sure he didn't open up to her, but that was more about trust. He trusted Nicole with his kids, so that's like trusting her with his life. Going up to that level with Nicole only meant that if it didn't work, he would fall so far down he might not get back up without her.

"You think he finally figured it out?" John asked Dwayne.

"The look on his face means that he figured it out," Dwayne answered.

Tell her you love her each day,
You'll make her happy that way
A simple "I love you" means more than money,
And with a kiss or two her life is sunny