0.5

The Church says: the body is a sin.

Science says: the body is a machine.

Advertising says: The body is a business.

The Body says: I am a fiesta.
______________________________

When you're pregnant, you can think of nothing but having your own body to yourself again, yet after having given birth, you realize that the biggest part of you is now somehow external, subject to all sorts of dangers and disappearance.
_______________________________

"So like you're a virgin but pregnant," Brie said after I explained my situation to her.

"Yup. Weird, right," I said.

"Coming from you, not really, but hearing about it, yes, it's weird," She said as she had always known I was the spontaneous type of friend. "How do you feel being pregnant?" She asked.

"I have this feeling in my chest. It feels warm, but also it wants to explode or something. It's have been great besides the morning sickness, which isn't really in the morning," I said.

"Yeah, morning sickness sucks," Brie said, pouting.

"I'm kinda glad that I have a friend to go through this with," I said, smiling.

"Don't say that around Renee and Nikki, or else you won't hear the end of them being mad," She said, laughing.

We sat in catering for a few minutes talking about several topics when Brock walked in looking agitated as always. He had a blue bag in his hand.

I saw him looking around before his eyes stopped at my table. He started towards my way.

"Baby daddy coming," Brie said.

"Shut up," I said.

"Nicole, I've been looking for you," He said, taking a seat at the table.

"For what?" I asked.

"I got you something. Open it," He answered as he handed over the blue bag that had Tiffany and Co label on it.

"Brock, please tell me it's not jewelry," I said.

"It's jewelry," He said.

I pulled out a box and opened it to reveal a necklace in the shape of a heart with diamonds.

"Oh my God, it's pretty, but why?" I asked

"Well deserved; thank you for not aborting the baby or keeping me away and for giving me another chance to be a better father and a peace offering between us." He said.