0.4

________________________________

It's normal to gain weight during pregnancy. It's something that has to happen to your body.

_________________________________

"Are you going to eat the placenta?" Renée asked me.

"I understand that's a thing now. We're looking at a  pregnancy guide at the bookstore with a whole chapter of placenta recipes in the back. Omelets and pasta sauces and so on," Seth replied.

"No, I don't think so," I said.

"Dining on the placenta smacks of cannibalism, and I was hoping for a more dignified apocalypse," Renée said.

"Rabbit mothers eat their babies, and I found that out reading Watership Down," Dean said.

"The mamas chow on their newborns all the time. Pop them down just like little meat Skittles," Seth said.

" It must be quite a shock to suddenly find out you're pregnant and didn't even have sex," Dean said.

"And Brock's the father," Seth added.

"Life is a miracle. This baby is a miracle no matter who the father is," I said.

"So wise," Dean said.

"When I grow up, I want to be just like you," Renée said.

"Moving on, I'm the godfather," Seth said.

"You're asking or telling?" I asked.

"Telling, of course, I'm your best friend you would be lost without me," Seth replied.

"Conceited Asshole," Dean said.

"If Seth is the godfather, then I'm the godmother," Renee said.

"I guess I can cross that off my list then," I said.

"Being uncle Dean is way cooler," Dean said.

"Yes, it is," I said.