Part 4: two words

Lena POV
"Listen guys I know you are newly inlove but we would still like to play uno" Winn stands at in the door frame with his arms crossed.
Kara picks her head from off my lap and gets up to go and grab the cards.
"Be right out" she says as she grabs the uno cards off her dresser.

I stand up and follow winn out the door. He plops himself back on the living room floor and I sit down next to him.
"So what was going on in there, huh?" Alex is staring into my soul.
"Hugged" I said truthfully
Alex chuckles and Maggie's pushes her playfully.
"That's adorable" Maggie says smiling at me.
I shrug. "Between all of us ..... well she's the only thing that's ever made sense to me"

Alex puts her hand over her chest and let's out a long 'aw'.
"Kara deserves that kind of love." Winn says with a slight smile
"She does" James says with a nod.
"I'm happy it's you. You are a true hero no matter what anyone says" hank puts his hand on top of mine and gives it a quick squeeze.
My eyes begin to water. Somehow someway these people in this apartment seemed like family. They seemed like a real family. Everyone was loving and caring and it just seemed so surreal.

"Oh hunny please don't cry" Alex gets up from her spot on the floor and sits behind me. She wraps her arms around me slowly and I lean into her. By now the tears have began to fall and I can't seem to control them.
"Its okay hunny" Alex is talking to me softly.

"I've .... I've never had a family" I say through short sobs
Alex wipes my tears away with her thumbs and squeezes me tightly. "Well you have one now"
Winn leans over and hugs me , and then hank does the same. Before I know it everyone was hugging me and I was still crying.
A family.

I had a family.

"Hey uh .... what's going on?" Kara is standing in the middle of the room with the uno cards in her hand.
Everyone lets go of me slowly. I wipe at my tears and try not to look so sad about my tragic family life.
Alex stands up. "I was just telling Lena that we where her family now"

I look at Alex and she gives me a soft reassuring smile and I break back into tears.

"Oh babe" Kara gets down on her knees and cups my cheeks in both her hands.
"This will always be your family" she says her voice clearly shaking.

She wraps her arms around me softly and kisses my neck.
"I am your family. These guys are your family. You will always have a family" she says softly.

"Actually Kara I have something to ask you"
I stand up and pull her up with me.

"From the first time we meet I knew that you were the one. The way you laugh and the way you smile can Honestly light up my entire day. We work good together even though I'm a Luthor and you are a super. You make me feel like the world doesn't exist when we are together. You make the world seem small and nonexistent when I am with you. You make me feel bigger than I really am and I hope I make you feel the same way. I hope that you feel the same way about a lot of the things I have said. Kara danvers I love you with everything in my soul. Every fiber of my being. Every ounce of my heart. You are it for me. I want to truly be apart of your family and your life for ever"

I pull out a tiny black velvet box and get on one knee.

"Kara danvers will you marry me?"