Part 1: Lights

Kara POV.

I didn't know what the day would bring but I was excited for the day anyway. I hear the door bell ring and I hop up to go and get it.
I look through the peep hole quickly and see that it's Alex. I open the door.

"Hey sis" she throws her arms around me. I smile and hug her back.
"I brought alcohol" she waves a few bottles of whiskey a few inches by her head.
"If only I was a drinker" I chuckle lightly and close the door.

Alex places the whiskey on the table. "I drink enough for us both" she says as she takes of her jacket and hangs it on the back of a random chair.

Ding.

"What's that?" Alex walks over to the oven and grabs some oven mitts. "You baked cookies?" She bends down to take the pan out.
She places the pan on the counter and fans them with her hand.
I walk over to her and nod.
"Yeah I did"
"They are very festive" she points to a Santa cookie and then a very realistic grinch one.
She eyes them over again and again trying to figure out which one she wants in her mouth.

Knock knock knock

I back away from the oven and Alex slowly.
"THE GRINCH COOKIE IS FOR LENA DONT EAT IT!"
I turn around and run to get the door. I don't even look through the peep hole I just open the door.

"Kara!"
"HANK"
Hank pulls me into a soft but some how rough huh. I tell him that Alex is also here and he finds his way to her and gives her a hug exactly like mine.
"A grinch cookie? If I'm not wrong that's a classic Christmas movie" he reaches for it but Alex shakes her head no.
"Apparently the grinch cookie is for Lena and only Lena" she rolls her eyes at me playfully and picks up the Santa cookie for her self and the snow man cookie for hank.

"You and Lena are pretty close now" hank says as he bites into his cookie. "Also this is really great" he looks over the cookie in amazement.
Alex nods still chewing.
"I think .... I think ... maybe you being super girl was the wrong thing you should just be a baker" she laughs and nudges me playfully.
I push my glasses up. "You're probably right"

Knock knock knock

"Can someone but me get the door?" I throw myself down on the couch and pretend to be drained.
"I could have swore this was your house" hank says as he walks to get the door.
"MY HOUSE. YOUR HOUSE. SAME THING" I yell back at him as Alex plops her self right beside me.
I hear hank greeting someone but am feeling far too lazy to even try and figure out who it is.

"I see we have found the party"
I look up and see James and Winn standing behind the couch.
"A real party it is!" Alex holds up her own personal bottle of whiskey.
"Oh praise god. Alex brought alcohol" Winn throws his hands in the air and makes his way to the kitchen.
Hank stands at the counter pouring himself a drink but slides it to Winn instead and pours him self another one.

"Are we waiting for someone else?" James sits down on the arm of the couch. "You look like someone is missing"
I snort accidentally and try to laugh it off. "Someone missing? Pfft i don't know"
James eyes me but decides not to bug me about it. I silently thank the universe for his lack of interest in me for the moment being.
I stand up "so I was thinking we could all cook The pre Christmas dinner"
Alex let's out a loud sigh and stomps her feet like a child "BUT KARAAAAAA"
Winn stands beside me and does the same thing Alex did only standing up , James quickly follows behind and to my surprise hank does also.
I cross my arms "fine. You all just sit and be lazy. I'll cook"
Hank takes my spot on the couch and James slides of the arm of the chair and onto the cushion beside hank.

Knock knock knock

"I'll get it .... I guess" I tie my Christmas apron on over my ugly Christmas sweater and run to go and get the door.
I stare through the peep hole squinting my eye trying to see through the tiny hole.
I open the door quickly.
"KARA!" Lena stands in my door frame with a bottle of wine in one hand and a gift wrapped tiny box in another hand.
I smile nervously. "LENA!"
"Oh my god she bares gifts" Alex grabs the wine from Lena and then grabs lena's arm and pulls her into the kitchen.
I close the door slowly and for a short moment remind myself that Lena is just a girl , and that I shouldn't be nervous around her.

"Are you cooking love?" Lena is unbuttoning her coat and doesn't even look up at me when asking me this question.
Alex looks at me and whispers love and looks intrigued and confused.
"Uh yes. Yes I am cooking" I finally say after what to me feels like an hour.
"Can I help?" She lays her coat on the same chair that Alex laid hers on "id really love to help"
Alex holds the bottle of wine in her hand and sways a bit, clearly fairly close to being drunk.
"Ya hear that?" She says "someone actually wants to help you cook"
I walk over to Alex and take the wine bottle from her and hand her a cup.
"Use a cup sis"
She rolls her eyes and pours a bit of wine into the cup and makes her way back to the couch.

"Alright here's an apron" I had her a Christmas apron that's a tad bit similar to mine.
"We are like twins" she says with a smile on her face.
I nod quickly trying not to blush or say something stupid.
"Do you know how to make chicken?" I say.
I turn around quickly and am surprised by how close she is to me.
"Yes. I know how to do a lot of things love" she speaks softly and I strain to hear her over my constant thoughts.
"Uh okay well you can do the chicken then" I say pushing the pan of uncooked chicken towards her. She smiles and grabs the seasoning that is on the counter.

Knock knock knock

"ALEX GET THE DOOR!!!" I yell as I bend down to put the mac and cheese in the oven.
"Hun you don't wanna burn yourself" Lena bends down beside me and puts her hand on my forearm.
"Burn mysel- .... I won't burn m-m-myself" I say as my face flushes pink.
I close the oven door and we stand up.

"Who was at the door Alex?"
"It was Maggie" Alex trails in the kitchen with Maggie following close behind.
"Hi Kara!" She waves at me and gives me a friendly smile.
I wave and give her the same kind of smile.

"Kara introduce Maggie to your friend" Alex says placing on hand in her back pocket.
"Oh right I'm sorry .... um this is Le-" I get cut short.
"I'm Lena" lena hands her hand out for Maggie to shake. Maggie tilts her head to the side just a bit and returns Lena's handshake.
"And Lena is just your friend right Kara?" Alex asks in a sarcastic ton.
"Well uh I um " I start to laugh hysterically " oh Alex you.... you are funny"
Alex chuckles and then pulls Maggie into the living room where everyone else was sitting around being lazy.

"Listen.... if it's weird having me here I can go" Lena leans against the counter.
"What?" I look up at her quickly "I want you here"
She nods and continues to season the chicken.
"It's just .... I've never even been invited to a party........ a Christmas party at that..... I just I don't know how I'm supposed to act or what I'm supposed to do " she frowns and looks down at the ground.
I sigh and walk over to her.
I grab both of her hands and run my thumbs back and forth on them both.
"You don't need to think about it. You just have to be yourself. That's all I'm asking for. That's all I need" I smile at her and squeeze her hands gently "this Lena .... well she doesn't have to change anything about her self. I like you the way you are"

Her face turns red and she bites her lip.
"Thank you" she says softly and wraps her arms around my waist and lays her head on my shoulder.
"I like you the way you are too" she says softly.
I wrap my arms around her and hug her as tight as I can manage.